hud problems

lzakelj

hi guys

i just get the a-10c and i found it's hard to fly it. My hud starts imediatly after take off banking left or right and sometimes it olmost disapers from point of view. Can someone telll me how di i fix thiese. i'm not using any jostick. it's really hard if you cannot see where are you going. it's never in the level pisition and in the center like on all vides on youtube or anywhere else. If i want to relese a weapon i need to fly very out of level just to keep line straght that is not normal i think?

Thanx for your help

Oh and if there are any keybord keys to do these please let me know.

Best regards

Luka

i'm not using any jostick. it's really hard if you cannot see where are you going. it's never in the level pisition and in the center like on all vides on youtube or anywhere else.

Well for one flying a high fidelity sim without a joystick is kind of like trying to unscrew something without a screwdriver. You're going to be fighting beyond the normal issues a new guy has. New people fight the airplane because they have no idea how it behaves and how they should be flying it (depending on how experienced in simming they are). Using a keyboard is just inadequate. You'll never move beyond a certain degree of competence without a stick, unfortunately. Best compromise if you can't get a regular joystick is a USB game controller from a 360 or something.

I'm not sure what you're saying isn't in the level position though. The aircraft? Your view? Your view should be controllable with either the mouse or the numpad for snap views or just panning.

If you mean that the aircraft never flies level its because aircraft don't fly level, except at one particular speed, altitude, and power setting. To make up for this you trim. Trimming is one of the most basic concepts of fixed wing aviation (and much of rotary). You trim the aircraft to fly stable at a particular speed, alt, and power setting and as this changes constantly you continue to trim constantly. Trim buttons are in the settings menu, but I forget them. Under the controls, use the drop down menu to look for the category "HOTAS" and you should see the Trim hat controls in there.

If its something else you're going to have to describe it.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

It's NOT a HUD Problem!

:smartass: If you are used to simming and flying other aircraft in programs like FSX just using a keyboard, then good luck! If you are new to simming and try and fly the DCS World A-10C with a keyboard, then you are setting yourself up for frustration at best and at worst to fail. Best advice - get a joystick. Any joystick will be better than using the keyboard. :joystick:

Alpine Systems PC with Intel i7-2600K @ 3.40/3.70 GHz. NVidia GTX590 Graphics. 24 Gb RAM (24 Gb usable!). 64 bit. Windows 7 PRO SP1. 3 x Samsung P2370 monitors. Thrustmaster HOTAS. TrackIR5. :joystick:

What they said :thumbup:

In the mean time you can watch the tutorials and also google DCS A-10 and get countless hours worth of youtube video that will show you the way.

You can also find and print out a keyboard chart that shows most of the commands.

Good Luck and welcome.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down