A-10A PAC Switch Implementation

ferriwheel

I don't think at the moment it's possible to switch on PAC in A-10A which makes the cannon horribly less accurate than its reputation with the new flight model.

I haven't tested this in DCS but I think in theory the spread of the cannon reduces as you increase airspeed. But since A-10A is generally employed at low airspeeds, it's not a viable solution to the problem unlike its eastern counter part.

Has it been mentioned anywhere that this problem might be fixed in a future update? As an A/C that's designed and built around the cannon, it's a real shame to not be able to fire it as accurately as it should.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Stick forward when you fire the cannon. It can work with a little practice.

Or if you have a hotas program a trim on the Y axis when you press the trigger and and release the trim again with the release of the trigger. :joystick:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

in time...

first some PAC love. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Well I think the argument here is that PAC is an intrinsic and indispensable feature of the A-10A in order to be able to employ the A/C effectively rather than being just a step further towards an all-inclusive in-depth simulation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i make a thread about that some week ago yes add a key combination for that

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

As far as PAC being necessary, it didn't originally come with the plane, and I've done some strafing in the C with it off.

That said, the switch is obviously in the DCSW model, so it would make sense to have.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Exorcet can you find any reference to when exactly PAC was installed on the A version? My search yielded nothing. But I suppose you are right about the initial A's did not come with PAC because the odd location of the PAC switch, which seems like an add on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In 1990, the aircraft was modified to incorporate the Low Altitude Safety and Targeting Enhancements (LASTE) System. This system provided computer-aided capabilities including a Ground Collision Avoidance System (GCAS) to issue warnings of impending collision with the ground, an Enhanced Attitude Control (EAC) function for aircraft stabilization during gunfire and a Low Altitude Autopilot system, and computed weapon delivery solutions for targeting improvements. The LASTE computer system installation added the requirement for an Operational Flight Program (OFP) to provide the computer control software necessary to perform the above functions.

Source: http://www.fas.org/programs/ssp/man/uswpns/air/attack/a10.html

Personally I would have preferred to have an even earlier, pre-LASTE variant. The A-10 that faced the Red Army over Central Europe and killed tanks in Desert Storm not only didn't have PAC, it didn't even have CCIP or CCRP. Bombs and the gun were aimed the same way as with a P-47 in WWII.

Personally I would have preferred to have an even earlier, pre-LASTE variant. The A-10 that faced the Red Army over Central Europe and killed tanks in Desert Storm not only didn't have PAC, it didn't even have CCIP or CCRP. Bombs and the gun were aimed the same way as with a P-47 in WWII.

Problem with that (just like with what P-51D is facing) is most of the weapon systems in DCS outdate that era by far and you'll often find yourself in a practice target situation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]