Quickstart mission "ground attack easy"

bkthunder

Everytime I start the misison, the chopper is uncontrollable, rotor RPM drops and the chopper yaws right until the main rotor breaks off. Nothing I can possibly do with the controls can prevent this, but sometimes turning on the autopilot manages to save the situation, some other times it crashes as well.

Is it a known bug? In every other situation the huey handles correctly.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I agree, .. it's most annoying. :(

It wasn't like that when the Huey beta was first released.

Very disappointed in the progress of the Huey, .. well, the version we have anyway. Aside from a couple of tweaks to the flight and damage model, nothing else seems to be happening, .. and we seem to have additional bugs as well. :(

I was really looking forward to the Huey, .. but, haven't flown it in over a month now .. just too frustrating.

Hope the final, .. bug-free version, .. is released soon. :thumbup:

Edited by Thomasew

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Every time I fly this mission I do just fine. Must be skills difference issue.

Nothing at all to do with skill!!

How can skill possibly play a factor .. as the Mission completes loading and starts. i.e. you have no control at this point.

When the Mission starts, .. the Huey is all over the place, .. i.e. yaws right/dives etc., and one has to fight it, to get it under control. :joystick:

It was fine when the Huey Beta was first released, .. and, subsequent to the first update ... the Huey is bezerk on Mission Start.

Edited by Thomasew

the chopper is uncontrollable, rotor RPM drops and the chopper yaws right until the main rotor breaks off.

Sounds like what happens if the collective is pulled all the way up. I guess check to make sure your collective is in the lower range of its travel. (also double-check that the axis didn't get reversed; that happened to me once and I got exactly what you're describing). :)

--NoJoe

As bkthunder pointed out .. every other mission is fine. :)

However, .. depending on where your collective is set at the start of the Mission has a minimal affect on the bucking Huey, .. and ONLY because I already know the Huey is gonna go nuts .. and I'm ready for it. :joystick:

In the initial release of the Beta, .. this Mission started off smoothly, .. and where the Collective was set .. was inconsequential. :thumbup:

.. not so in subsequent releases. :(

Not a big deal really, .. I just prefer to be challenged as the Mission progresses ... and not before it starts .. :smilewink:

Edited by Thomasew

This started when they changed the flight model. Just hold it steady and if the rotor doesn't fly away you should be able to get it under control within a few seconds.

I'm sure the team will make a final pass on all the missions before they lift the BETA label.

found a way, just hold full left pedal before you unpause the mission, hold it there until the chopper stops going nuts, then slowly center the pedals, the chopper will sort of "retrim" and then pedals will be effective again.

Every time I fly this mission I do just fine. Must be skills difference issue.

Indeed! I've been flying choppers IRL, but never flown one that was so badly out of control ;P

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

• 5 months later...

Bump. This issue is still occurring, I have managed to get it under control (Just) which was impossible before this update in 1.2.7 but its like 2 out of 10 starts.

Is there nothing that can be done? Hot start on the ground in instant action? I would just like to play those missions (lazy).

AMD 3600X- 32GB RAM - Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080Ti - 512GB NVme Samsung 830 256Gb 840 256Gb SSD - Track IR 4.0 + TrackClip Pro - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - WarBRD base mount and extention - Simped F16/USB (Stolen!) - Thrustmaster T-flight pedals (spew)

DCS KA-50 Blackshark 1 & 2; DCS P-51 Mustang; DCS A-10C Warthog; DCS UH-1 Huey; DCS F-86F; DCS Mi-8MTV2; DCS Mig-21bis; DCS: AV-8b; DCS: Spitfire IX; DCS: NS430; DCS: Combined Arms; Lock On Flaming Cliffs 3; Rise of Flight; IL2:1946;

Everytime I start the misison, the chopper is uncontrollable, rotor RPM drops and the chopper yaws right until the main rotor breaks off. Nothing I can possibly do with the controls can prevent this, but sometimes turning on the autopilot manages to save the situation, some other times it crashes as well.

Is it a known bug? In every other situation the huey handles correctly.

I know it will sound irrelevant but remove -CAS from Advanced (Waypoint Actions) then test it..

Second thing to do is to disable trim(Ctrl+T) at the time of spawn ..