CH Products users left behind

Hi, CH users.

After a month without a solution, CH Products Support sent me this mail.

Hello Luis,

Unfortunately, we will not be offering components/spare parts through our distribution network nor direct. You may wish to request a quote for a new fighterstick through an authorized reseller or amazon.com:

http://www.chproducts.com/13-29003-RESELLERS-INTERNATIONAL.php

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Jo Cribben

Technical Sales Supervisor

APEM

970 Park Center Drive

Vista, CA 92081

Office: 760.598.2518 x115

Direct: 978.374.3681

Main: 877.246.7890

jcribben@apem.com

http://www.chproducts.com http://www.mec-switches.com http://www.apem.com

Visit us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn

So now, I have pot defective CH Flightstick, forever!!! I'll not purchase anymore simulation stuff from CH products. What a bad support for I client. My joystick doesn't even have2 years of use!!!

Thanks for the "LEGENDARY SUPPORT", CH Products!!!

Be advised, people.

Edited by GriffonBR

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Hi, Ghost

Well, mate, I need new pots for my CH Flightstick (one for the Y axis and 2 reserves), since CH Products kicked my ass with class, I´cant find the CTS HP100A 100K nowhere.

Could you send them to my adress in Brazil? I could pay you with by MONEYGRAM, I think.

Thanks in advance, mate.

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Wow. I'm sure glad I only own a CH Throttle Quad (that I almost never use).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Wow. I'm sure glad I only own a CH Throttle Quad (that I almost never use).

Who do you think was the one and only hardware beta tester ;) Many, many, many, (did I say many?) lever actuations to the count of 120 per (quick time). Wore out eight of them before we had the right combination POTs and mold as well as spring tension.

:joystick:

Griffon, before we send things to/from. What are your symptoms? Could be as simple as a connection to the POT. Personally, it could be easily fixed if the connectors were soldered rather than push on connectors.

Ghost, I´ve did these steps. I sent my Fligthstick to my friend, Sokol1, a well know member of the simulation comunity, and he told me that the pot is screwed. So, the only way to get my joystick alive again is changing the damaged pot.

Oh I know of Sokol1 at the CH-Hangar. Still, would like to know what your symptoms are? What do your axis do in the Control Manager Calibration screen/s? NOT in Windows Controller options/assignments. Could be nothing more than a re-scan in Control Manager.

Well, I think this video will kill all your doubts, Ghost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bInkCY2M80g&feature=player_embedded

And after all the tweaks and things that Sokol1 did, the problem didn't disappear.

As you can see, I use the CH Manager for my CH set (I have the Throttle and Pedals, they work fine with just a little jitter), and all the callibration that I have to do I use the CH Manager.

My problem is on the pot, there is no doubts.

Thanks for the help, mate.

Griffon, please don't think I was doubting you. I'm (by trade) an Aircraft Engine Tech Rep (T700-GE-Series Engines). I find that getting all the info and putting it all together (like a puzzle) I can figure out what may (or may not) be going on.

However, your original post indicates you are using a Flightstick. The video looks like you are using a FighterStick.

That said, it appears as though you are only pulling the stick aft and holding it in place. Are you pulling the stick all the way aft after calibration and applying the calibration settings in CM, and this is the result? Again, I have POTs, PM me your address.

No no no, Ghost, sorry for the misunderstood, mate. I say doubts, but what I want to mean is to answer your questions.

I´ll PM you!!!