F-15C AFM

GC1993

I know it might be too late to ask for features with the F-15 AFM, but worth a shot. I was really glad to see how you implemented some other little things with the A10A AFM, such as adding the APU sound to the startup.

If possible, it would be heaven if you could add a few tiny things to the F-15C to keep us going until a possible DCS:F-15 well into the future!

First request is to change the startup sound to include that famous JFS noise before the engines spool up like IRL (see below)

Secondly, any chance of the engine sound being tweaked just a tad? It's almost spot on (I watch the F-15s at RAF Lakenheath all the time), it just needs a little tweak to get it perfect.

Lastly, (I don't think I'm alone on this one), could the afterburner texture have a rework? The current one looks a bit like the rings on a gas cooking hob (no offence), could it be reworked to look more authentic?

F-15-eagle-afterburner.jpg

It would also be awesome to have it how it is IRL where in bright daytime all you can see of the AB is the orange glow itself, wheras at nightime it almost looks like the Saturn 5 rocket, could this be implemented into the AFM (currently the afterburners have the ring trail showing even in bright midday conditions).

These are probably ridiculous requests and I'm probably overstepping the mark hugely - just a big F-15 fan due to living 5 minutes drive from RAF Lakenheath :D

Edited by GC1993

About the afterburner effect, the thing is that it's only one texture that's shared among all the airplanes (it would probably require the effect to be "hard-coded" into the model somehow, to look unique on that one aircraft only, maybe somebody can elaborate). Rings are there to resemble shock diamonds, but I agree it's quite ugly. It has no sense of volume when you look from behind. But we're getting some new effects, so maybe ED will redo this in future as well ;)

About the afterburner effect, the thing is that it's only one texture that's shared among all the airplanes (it would probably require the effect to be "hard-coded" into the model somehow, to look unique on that one aircraft only, maybe somebody can elaborate). Rings are there to resemble shock diamonds, but I agree it's quite ugly. It has no sense of volume when you look from behind. But we're getting some new effects, so maybe ED will redo this in future as well ;)

Yeah I appreciate the shock diamond look, but as you say there's no volume to it. Tbh I'd be happier with the current SU-27 AB texture on the eagle instead of the one being used now!

I was hoping for this also, but it seems that this is hard coded from external modification until the module is released. Diveplane has created some awesome audio at present, but until the module come along we have to hold on.

I'd love to hear that steadfast electronic cowling whine also ready at takeoff.. Drool.

Edited by _Dredd

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

3rd Party 3d Artists can Use their own Afterburners.

See Tomcat Video by Iris, and screenshots w/ the F-100D module.

I use my own Temp Effect, and will go back and tweak it.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

F-15 Wishlist, woulda been a better title.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs