steam and ED DCS World reg key's

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=111530

"Dear all,

Today we were informed that all DCS activation keys purchased through Eagle Dynamics, with the exception of the Black Shark 2 Upgrade, have been merged to Steam.

Matt "

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but I still do not have a reg key for ED DCS World inorder to join steam community..

I would have to delete my Ed install, and down load the Steam? I really don't want to do that.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I already have many games on Steam and appreciate some of its advantages, particularly in the flexibility of being able to play my games on whatever PC I happen to have available. But what would justify disturbing my existing install which already has everything currently released to convert to Steam? If the Steam system eliminates the activation/de-activation counters for installing/re-installing/transferring DCS licenses, then it might be useful, but otherwise I see nothing to gain.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Wags and ED, I'm sure there was some head bangs against a wall trying to figure out how to get that done, it is appreciated.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Personally im happy to keep my sims away from steam. But is there a reason why those who went the BS1 plus BS2upgrade path are kept seperate going forward, and not rollup their purchase as BS2? (Deactivating/removing the old keys in the process.)

Edited by chokko

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good stuff. Wags (if you are following this thread), is there any plan for keys purchased through channels other than direct from ED? I can't be the only person here who has modules purchased from other retailers (e.g. Game Fly).

Also, for those of us with FC3, is it possible to get access to the FC3 single modules via Steam?

In my over simplified happy little world it looks like just a case of looking at the keys bound to our ED accounts and doing the jiggery pokery to map these to Steam titles, although I'm sure the mechanics of doing this are not simple...

Cheers,

Jamie

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

"...Today we were informed that all DCS activation keys purchased through Eagle Dynamics, with the exception of the Black Shark 2 Upgrade, have been merged to Steam..."

What does this mean to us (users)? Which information has been transfered to Steam exactly? Only key-numbers, nothing else? Or key-user pairs?

Honestly, I do *NOT* like this at all. I do not want to have anything common with steam. I used it and I remember how it f***ed my system. Our ways got separated since then and I want to stay it that way...

Great news! I've loaded all of my keys except for Flaming Cliffs 3 and the UH-1H. I'd imagine the UH-1H is pending action from Belsimtek, is there an idea of what is happening with Flaming Cliffs 3? I gather it is being split apart right now which would seem to pose a dilemma for people migrating to Steam.

Will the Flaming Cliffs 3 key eventually be usable to activate the split up Flaming Cliffs modules?

"...Today we were informed that all DCS activation keys purchased through Eagle Dynamics, with the exception of the Black Shark 2 Upgrade, have been merged to Steam..."

What does this mean to us (users)? Which information has been transfered to Steam exactly? Only key-numbers, nothing else? Or key-user pairs?

Honestly, I do *NOT* like this at all. I do not want to have anything common with steam. I used it and I remember how it f***ed my system. Our ways got separated since then and I want to stay it that way...

And you won't have to use it now. This is just for steam users. If you don't use steam it won't affect you.

Thanks for the fast implementation Matt and ED.

There will be any "Steam achievements"? :pilotfly::lol:

seeing how many steam user seemingly went nuts about achievements, by nuts I mean here is actually positive, I think it's worth to try, it can certainly help some average joe to try a game/sim more seriously and not easily gave up.

ED probably just shared/coalesced the database with all legit keys they have sold so far with Steam.

So you are able to activate your Modules also via the steam version of DCS World.

You normally shouldn't worry that any of your personal data is passed to Steam - passing a whitelist of legit keys don't need your name-tag on it. (...at least this is what I hope)

Edited by PeterP

I am really concerned too. And I would like to know what information ED shared with someone else without asking me. I don't like Steam. I consciously avoid them because (among other reasons) big sites like this attract many hackers (or better termed crackers). The announcement Wags made is a little vague. Some more detailed information would be nice.

• ED Team
The announcement Wags made is a little vague. Some more detailed information would be nice.

Steam received just a plain list of valid serial numbers.

Like this:

serial_number_01

serial_number_02

serial_number_XX

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Like this:

serial_number_01

serial_number_02

serial_number_XX

Of *all* sold modules, even those sold not using steam-channel? I'd like to know what Steam is going to do with it, and why ED actually gave them this list...

Folks...the sky is not falling. Your phone and Internet provider provide more "private" information to the NSA then ED is supplying to steam or anyone else.

So,what you are saying is that we must bend over and let anyone do whatever they want with us and our information just because someone else is also doing it? Security through obscurity? When we bought our games we used sensitive information, for example our credit card billing info. With all that is happening in the digital world don't you think that our concern is legit. We have seen how big companies "protect" their customers information (and by "protect" I mean that many of them don't even go through the trouble to encrypt their databases). And after all it's my data. Shouldn't I have a say about what is shared with whom?

Like this:

serial_number_01

serial_number_02

serial_number_XX

Again a little vague. With the info shared with Steam, can Steam or anyone else, connect the dots and find which serial is connected with what name and credit card number? If no then I guess it's fine.

Edited by Metal Hawk
Trying to correct as many typos as I can. English in not my native language.

I can't believe that even an announcement like this can have negative posts... :doh:

So what you actually say is that ED should ask and wait everyone's permission before they will make steps forward and things that ,they think ,will help the sim grow ? ...This is not happening in any company!

Thanks ED! :thumbup:

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP