TrackIR not supported?

guitarxe

Oh, I think I know what you mean. I only see Keyboard, Saitek X52 Pro Flight, Saitek Pro Combat Rudders, and Mouse in the Axis Assign. Don't see TrackIR.

I've checked, and both TrackIR drivers and games list are up to date. It's weird that, while playing Black Shark if I alt+tab out and open up TrackIR software, it says there title:none, meaning it doesn't seem to recognise that I'm playing Black Shark.

I'm not sure what the problem is but just for informational purposes...

TIR sees DCS World as Black Shark regardless of what aircraft you are flying.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

So then maybe it's looking for a BlackShark.exe, but I have DCS.exe ?

No, DCS.exe is the executable that has always been used. When they merged DCS A-10 and Black Shark 2 into DCS World, they carried over the ID (whatever TIR uses) from Black Shark 2.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That is odd. I never shut TIR down after starting it. It runs until the next reboot, which is usually several months, without issues.

That is odd. I never shut TIR down after starting it. It runs until the next reboot, which is usually several months, without issues.

If I do this, then very occasionally (it did it yesterday for the first time in a long time) the sim will run without seeing the TiR, if the PC's been woken from standby. Alt-tabbing out of DCS into the TiR software will show that it's working as normal, lights are on etc, but DCS just won't see it. Shutting down DCS, the TiR software and restarting corrects it. Weird.

Which is why I don't leave my TiR software running all the time.

Win 8 64, latest TiR software etc. Not really a big deal, but maybe occasionally (some installations more than others?) the TiR software can be a little flaky?

Running Win 7-64 here, but I also have all aspects of sleep mode, and hibernation, completely disabled with the exception of the display.

Please click on the screw-wrench Symbol in your Trackir 5 software (top left corner) and switch on "check for software updates" and also "check for game list updates"

Than restart your TrackIr software.

Also read the manual (again).

Do it by clicking the 'down arrow' symbol right of the question mark in the top left corner

or download it here:

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06-support/support-download-software-and-manuals.html

Edited by PeterP

I've always had an issue with TrackIR but not this one. Mine (regularly I might add - at least once a day) just stops. Usually when I pause it or I may move my head too far round. I simply unplug my usb and put it back in. Sorted. But still a bit annoying.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |