New patch 1.2.5.16508

Brisse

Yes, there are priorities. Please don't ask us to rank bugs in terms of priority or to tell you what priority a bug has, it's not for the testers to say.

Also, can't really give you any more insight as to why some things get fixed first instead of others - it just has to do with workflow and decisions made possibly before you even report a bug.

Just curiosity; Is there any "order of precedence" in "bug tracker"? I'm sure today's update must be urgent, but are they more important then communication bug or similar bugs?

Not judging, but we can't communicate with JTAC, AWACS and even ATC! I was hoping that we would get a fix for these.

Nevermind, thanks...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Thanks. Thank you for your attention.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Thanks for the info.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

launcher.exe (singleplayer) / dcs.exe (multiplayer) still don't start as the active window.

A mouse click anywhere brings me to desktop and I have to tab back in.

AI still takes control of client aircrafts when I switch to another aircraft (singleplayer).

Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for updates!

It's just that 1.2.5 brought me more bad than good so far.

Greetings

MadCat

This isnt just MP, it's SP too.

Launcher.exe is the GUI Menu.

DCS.exe is the actual Engine Running.

In Single Player Missions Since Update 2 I've clicked on the Map and been sent to the desktop to ALT TAB Back in, as well as clicking a Cockpit.

TBH, I didnt notice it until I Installed Combined Arms, Before that Everything was Fine. But It could just be me.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Little depressing that the single player game is made irrelevant and non-playable with any meaning without scores being recorded.

irrelevant? non-playable??

Irrelevant ... well, for some that might be true. But I fly to save the world and to destroy the evil hordes ... *cough*

But non-playable - isn't that a tiny bit exaggerated?

irrelevant? non-playable??

Irrelevant ... well, for some that might be true. But I fly to save the world and to destroy the evil hordes ... *cough*

But non-playable - isn't that a tiny bit exaggerated?

It certainly seems like a strange bug, but it doesn't really bother me. I play almost only single-player, and I find the point is to do any given mission as well as I can. Scores are nice to look at every so often, but not something I really care about.

Problem is I'm new to the sim and use it to track my progress. Without a dynamic campaign it's tough to feel any sort of meaning, but without any feedback as well it's nearly impossible.

i7 - 9700k | EVGA 1080Ti | 32 DDR4 RAM | 750w PS | TM Warthog HOTAS/X-55 | Track IR 5 |

I just hope this wasn't the final update for 1.2.5 as mentioned in Wag's Friday update.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This isnt just MP, it's SP too.

Launcher.exe is the GUI Menu.

DCS.exe is the actual Engine Running.

In Single Player Missions Since Update 2 I've clicked on the Map and been sent to the desktop to ALT TAB Back in, as well as clicking a Cockpit.

TBH, I didnt notice it until I Installed Combined Arms, Before that Everything was Fine. But It could just be me.

You're right !

Must have mixed some things up in my head while typing.

So it's the DCS.exe that's not starting as the active window (edited the original post too).

MadCat

Problem is I'm new to the sim and use it to track my progress. Without a dynamic campaign it's tough to feel any sort of meaning, but without any feedback as well it's nearly impossible.

This is why single player gaming is hopeless and depressing (IMO).

Use some bandwidth, and fly with friends. Most people with lots of time in this game don't track their progress by their in game scores, they do it by evaluating their performance flying. Performance means how well they executed their attacks, how well they avoided threats, how often they got a first run kill, etc.

Real pilots practice the most basic things over and over and over because in real life when they do it for real they're supposed to do it perfect and spot on. We get it easy, we can screw it all up, blow the tank up, and still get a gold star. I prefer to not care about my gold stars because in the end its meaningless. I don't like points I got for being sloppy, even if the tank is dead. ;)

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

have they moved location where to set maxfps, I normally use graphics.lua in config, but when I reset it to 30, DCS no longer appears to lock fps. which means im back to stutter central.

could someone please try this, so I can see if its my setup or not.

Cowboy10uk

I can confirm the MAXFPS constraint in the graphics.lua no longer works.

I have re-added my desired max fps into the file, and the game has no issue with going higher than that constraint.

I don't seem to have an autoexec.cfg in my username\saved games\dcs\config folder..... ??? It isn't anywhere in the DCS World directory either.

Any ideas?

...Sheila rides on crashing nightingale. Intake eyes leave passing vapor trails...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
I don't seem to have an autoexec.cfg in my username\saved games\dcs\config folder..... ??? It isn't anywhere in the DCS World directory either.

Any ideas?

This file doesn't exist by default. You need create it yourself.

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince.

Hey Guys.

maybe its a little off topic but, have anyone but me noticed performance increese after yesterdays patch? My DCS runs a bit smoother.

I mean about 10% more FPS and the stutters and freezes dont seem to be TAHT bad anymore.

the logbook is not fix? We don't have to tell you how to manage your priorities? Sorry? The fact the logbook is not fix YET show me two options :

- you know how to manage your priority and you are working on this logboook but it is not fix yet because it is complex and take time (so plz communicate on this point)

- OR you don't work for the moment on the logbook and you DON'T KNOW how to manage priority.

why do we need logbook? To keep a track of our flights ! to track our progress, to get rewards, to feel that we are a pilot with a life ! No logbook no solo ! you just kill the game! so we need an hot fix asap. It s urgent AND important.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I5 3570K OC@4.2Ghz - Asus P8Z77-v - Gainward Nvidia GTX770 2go - G.Skill 8Go RAM DDR3 - Hotas Cougar + Warthog - TrackIR 5

Don’t worry.. I'm waiting forever for the logbook to work finally in Multiplayer. I only fly online so I’m not able to track anything. First i thought it was a bug that it didn't work in MP... But recently i heard it's a feature.

They must have thought people playing online don't need log books.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

If you scream for a fix of the logbook bug, and I scream for a new urgent AI flight model? Which one do you want ED to listen to first? They make their own decissions, depending on when they have the means to fix or add something.

In the meantime, open a Word document, and start write down your own flightlog. I am sure ED know about the issue with your flight log, and the terrible issue with AI behaviour. So it is no point nagging about it.

Be happy that Wags are sharing their work with us, at least every friday, and one other thing:

Happy Flying!

[sIGPIC]sigpic70266_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

Snooze-81st-vFS

May I have some help here. Sorry if this is not the right place.

Since I update DCS new patch1.2.5.16508 this afternoon the game stop working . Somebody have this problem ? Need help and very appreciate if someone can help. Thanks in advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel® Core™ i7-6850 CPU@3.60GHz @4.068

Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX Motherboard

64 bit operation System- RAM 32.0 GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.

The game start as normal ,select a mission or quick start and the game stop working.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel® Core™ i7-6850 CPU@3.60GHz @4.068

Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX Motherboard

64 bit operation System- RAM 32.0 GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.

Hey Guys.

maybe its a little off topic but, have anyone but me noticed performance increese after yesterdays patch? My DCS runs a bit smoother.

I mean about 10% more FPS and the stutters and freezes dont seem to be TAHT bad anymore.

Something I´ve noticed is the huge FPS increase in rain and thunderstorm. Before .16508, rain would affect my PC like a scary movie.

I did not download the update because none of the fixes on the list where doing something positive for me (I have all modules minus p51), but FPS increase in bad weather?? What the... I am already downloading ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War