Have they changed the default cockpit view recently?

Dudester22

I am just wondering if they have changed the default position of cockpit when used with track ir? Because I am getting something very different to what I had before and I dont like it. Before I couldn't see the frame of the cockpit when using Track ir and now this is the default view (Pics below). I spent ages doing my track ir and now this view sucks. I cannot read the hud because it is to far away even when I zoom in with track ir. Just tack a look at the pics.

this1.thumb.jpg.4597afb04cf4aa1b3159fc174dfd42c1.jpg

Untitled2.thumb.jpg.edac3f734e160e1d81fb6eeb57067734.jpg

Try this.....if there is a folder in your saved games DCS folder called VIEW, delete it. While sitting in the cockpit, if you can make adjustments and find the proper cockpit view, turn off Track IR so it doesn't move and then use RIGHT ALT plus 0 on the numbers pad to save that view.

I don't see a folder called - VIEW. Will this flolder be in one of the folders in DCS? Can you tell me which one it is if it is? The other thing I have noticed is that the following two keys zoom in and out / *. Am I supposed to disable these keys when using track ir because I cannot remember if I did before?

I don't see a folder called - VIEW. Will this flolder be in one of the folders in DCS? Can you tell me which one it is if it is? The other thing I have noticed is that the following two keys zoom in and out / *. Am I supposed to disable these keys when using track ir because I cannot remember if I did before?

If there is a VIEW folder it will be in the config folder. If you don't see it don't worry about it and go to step 2. There is no reason to disable the zoom keys and I can't imagine anyone flying without them. OK try this.....open a mission with Track IR turned off. If things look normal after hitting the F1 key then the problem is probably Track IR related rather than an issue with DCS World and you will have to approach it from that point of view. Either way, if you can ever get the cockpit view to look the way you want it to be sure to save that view by hitting RALT + number pad 0.

unmap trackIR Z from absolute horizontal view to zoom view in the axis settings.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

If there is a VIEW folder it will be in the config folder. If you don't see it don't worry about it and go to step 2. There is no reason to disable the zoom keys and I can't imagine anyone flying without them. OK try this.....open a mission with Track IR turned off. If things look normal after hitting the F1 key then the problem is probably Track IR related rather than an issue with DCS World and you will have to approach it from that point of view. Either way, if you can ever get the cockpit view to look the way you want it to be sure to save that view by hitting RALT + number pad 0.

I want to use track ir as my zoom that 's why I was going to disable the zoom keys. Also, I did what you said by pressing alt and the zero key, but it only saves the view for that mission because as soon as I restart the game I am back to setting it up again. Can anyone please post a pic of their track ir view so that I can compare it with mine. Thanks!!

unmap trackIR Z from absolute horizontal view to zoom view in the axis settings.

All this did was by make my track ir go funny when I moved my head forward and backwards. My track ir went in a completely different direction to forwards and backwards.

Edited by Dudester22

you sure you unmapped default trackIR_Z (absolute blah blah...) to the zoom view at the bottom of the axis settings page in A-10C Sim?

In A-10C saved games folder in documents, look for file views.lua, create a backup and open it with C++.

Search for lines 41 and 42, where it says:

DisableSnapViewsSaving = false

UseDefaultSnapViews = true

make UseDefaultSnapViews = false

then save it and copy it to its folder. This should help you save snap views with Ralt+Num0. Hope this helps.

As a precaution, I attached my file, but dont use it before backing up the original view.lua

if all this fails, delete your saved gamed DCS folder, open the sim and it should make a new one automatically.

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

you sure you unmapped default trackIR_Z (absolute blah blah...) to the zoom view at the bottom of the axis settings page in A-10C Sim?

In A-10C saved games folder in documents, look for file views.lua, create a backup and open it with C++.

Search for lines 41 and 42, where it says:

DisableSnapViewsSaving = false

UseDefaultSnapViews = true

make UseDefaultSnapViews = false

then save it and copy it to its folder. This should help you save snap views with Ralt+Num0. Hope this helps.

As a precaution, I attached my file, but dont use it before backing up the original view.lua

if all this fails, delete your saved gamed DCS folder, open the sim and it should make a new one automatically.

You told me to unmap track IR Z from the absolute horizontal view, but it wasn't there in the first place. Track Ir YAW is what was on the absolute horizontal view. Take a look at the pic below and this is how it was by default. My trackir Z is on the Absolute longitude shift view, so which one should I move to zoom? Thanks!!

Untitled8.thumb.jpg.7de96d868c814c5b3e7354f30f643df0.jpg

Ive had a similar sort of problem since update, before id generally press the track ir centre key once or twice, since update im doing it more as im getting very strange views for instance looking down at the hud projector and even looking up past the HSI/UFC, As an aside i mapped my tm hotas x rocker switch to zoom view, but for some reason this makes the hud text larger than it is when i start in the cockpit. Its annoying as i just got it all set up and now its borked.

Edited by EddieMuntz