DCS World bugs subforum threads: 2,435 posts : 20,779

DCS A10c --//- ---- -//- ------- -//-: 6,886 posts : 64,184

DCS CA --//- ---- -//- ---------- -//-: 138 posts : 718

DCS Ka-50 --//- ---- -//- ------ -//- : 2361 posts : 18475

DCS P51--//- ---- -//- ---------- -//-: 313 posts : 2269

DCS FC --//- ---- -//- ---------- -//- : 2408 posts : 18731

DCS HUEY --//- ---- -//- ------- -//- : 222 posts : 1193

TOTAL bug threads: 14,763 posts: 126,349

and the numbers rise exponentially every single day. This is clearly because anyone that wants to report a bug, will never go through ~15000 threads to check if the bug is allready submitted.

I would like to suggest a double, locked thread (2 posts), maintained from the testers team, where all

confirmed and submitted for fixing bugs will be gathered on one post and the fixed bugs on the other.

Eg. You (testers team) confirmed and submitted a bug to ED? Instead of posting 1000 of answers to bug multiple bug reporting threads, spend 30 secs and update the ""Known and submitted" bugs thread.

A bug has been exterminated successfully from a resent game update? spend 30 secs and update the ''Fixed bugs'' thread.

This will be definitely helpful for players that want to report a bug.

It will keep the forum tidy. (moderators should erase any bug reporting threads that are allready on the tracking list) and also give a warning to the poster. etc

WE HELP YOU

with .trks and well explained bugs. Many of us spend our free time on test missions (to produce those .trks for you) instead of using our free time to actually ''play'' and enjoy the game.

So please HELP US.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

DCS World bugs subforum threads: 2,435 posts : 20,779

DCS A10c --//- ---- -//- ------- -//-: 6,886 posts : 64,184

DCS CA --//- ---- -//- ---------- -//-: 138 posts : 718

DCS Ka-50 --//- ---- -//- ------ -//- : 2361 posts : 18475

DCS P51--//- ---- -//- ---------- -//-: 313 posts : 2269

DCS FC --//- ---- -//- ---------- -//- : 2408 posts : 18731

DCS HUEY --//- ---- -//- ------- -//- : 222 posts : 1193

TOTAL bug threads: 14,763 posts: 126,349

and the numbers rise exponentially every single day. This is clearly because anyone that wants to report a bug, will never go through ~15000 threads to check if the bug is allready submitted.

I would like to suggest a double, locked thread (2 posts), maintained from the testers team, where all

confirmed and submitted for fixing bugs will be gathered on one post and the fixed bugs on the other.

Eg. You (testers team) confirmed and submitted a bug to ED? Instead of posting 1000 of answers to bug multiple bug reporting threads, spend 30 secs and update the ""Known and submitted" bugs thread.

A bug has been exterminated successfully from a resent game update? spend 30 secs and update the ''Fixed bugs'' thread.

This will be definitely helpful for players that want to report a bug.

It will keep the forum tidy. (moderators should erase any bug reporting threads that are allready on the tracking list) and also give a warning to the poster. etc

WE HELP YOU

with .trks and well explained bugs. Many of us spend our free time on test missions (to produce those .trks for you) instead of using our free time to actually ''play'' and enjoy the game.

So please HELP US.

+1

I find the bug-subforums quite confusing and too complex. Every Module has about a dozent sub forums for different types of bugs ..

We are often told "the devs are aware of that bug", implying that, if a bug was reported, the devs will certainly be aware of it. Looking at those bug forums, I can hardly believe that. I can only hope, that they maintain their own list of bugs - or better, use a decent bug tracker software.

I think too, the organization and the handling of the bug section(s) need a drastic overhaul - at least when it comes to the new open beta involvement of the community.

Probably we need someone who keeps track of the bugs posted in the bug forums: to link double posted bugs together, closing the newer one, establishing a more formalized procedure of reporting bugs, etc. An unthankful job, I know ...

I did actually suggest a dedicated bug tracker system in one of the previous wagday threads.

Some people think this will just give more fodder to the negative nellies, which is a pessimistic view in my opinion. Managing community relations obviously can't pivot from that attitude, I hope.

In any event I often find myself wanting to post and ask "is this a known bug, is there any knowledge of its status with respect to ED's attention?" but the culture around here doesn't really like you saying those things, so I just button my lip and try to search for it. Suffice to say, and to OP's point, thats often not very successful.

I suspect there has to be some change coming to the bug system though, if there's going to be an open beta for all upcoming patches.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

There is a sophisticated bug tracking system/database in use... that's all you need to know.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

... that's all you need to know.

Not if ED wants us to Beta test v1.2.6

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Not if ED wants us to Beta test v1.2.6

1.2.6 isnt here yet, there will be more info on that when the time comes.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

There is a sophisticated bug tracking system/database in use... that's all you need to know.

Ok, so if i find something which looks like a bug, then i can just look through a database report list to see if it's in there BEFORE i start writing alot about it and mess up the forums?

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Report it on the forums and it will be confirmed/reported.

I'm not part of the Beta Testing team, so I cannot tell you how that works.

Nor can I tell you exactly what the plan is for 1.2.6 and beyond. (As I Dont know).

The Best thing to do is Report the Bugs on the forums, and when 1.2.6 time comes around, more info will be available for that.

Report it on the forums and it will be confirmed/reported.

I'm not part of the Beta Testing team, so I cannot tell you how that works.

Nor can I tell you exactly what the plan is for 1.2.6 and beyond. (As I Dont know).

The Best thing to do is Report the Bugs on the forums, and when 1.2.6 time comes around, more info will be available for that.

Yes, ED will do whats best for them, no doubt about it, but what about ideas for cleaning up the forums so it gets easier to find stuff for a user? Obviously there could be more subsections, but not too many either of course AND ppl nned to make sure they put stuff where it belongs as best as at least. Regarding subsections i do miss one called something like "Comms". Anyway i think it could be alot better than today. But again ED will do as please them. And if we were supposed to see this list i guess we would have long time ago...

-

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My suggestion was not a question about what you develop or track ''behind'' the thread.

It is a suggestion to keep people informed in order not to post multiple threads about the same think, and in general inform them about what bug is on target and what is not.

From your answer you either dnt care if the forum is tidy or not, or bombarded and cluttered

by 100nds of duplicate bug reports or you just try to avoid something which I really dnt know what it is.

''that's all you need to know''

WHATEVER, no REALLY, WHATEVER

I should have never bothered...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Ok, so if i find something which looks like a bug, then i can just look through a database report list to see if it's in there BEFORE i start writing alot about it and mess up the forums?

No lets just post 3 threads about a bug that we think it is reported and then 3 more threads with question if anyone can confirm the bug and so on...

I ll just dnt bother anymore..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

No lets just post 3 threads about a bug that we think it is reported and then 3 more threads with question if anyone can confirm the bug and so on...

I ll just dnt bother anymore..

You wont bother much until the day you have a major problem just before an important event and you use 1-2 hours to find out if there is a solution and didn't make it . Anyway i havent really checked if it's any better on similar forums. Probably not. You have at least voiced your opinion and thats good. Now enjoy the sim and let the admins/Moderators decide the future. No problem to find contents in the sim to have a great time.

-

System spec:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My suggestion was not a question about what you develop or track ''behind'' the thread.

It is a suggestion to keep people informed in order not to post multiple threads about the same think, and in general inform them about what bug is on target and what is not.

From your answer you either dnt care if the forum is tidy or not, or bombarded and cluttered

by 100nds of duplicate bug reports or you just try to avoid something which I really dnt know what it is.

WHATEVER, no REALLY, WHATEVER

I should have never bothered...

There's discussion to better organize the bug report threads..

didnt mean to upset you.

There's discussion to better organize the bug report threads..

didnt mean to upset you.

I over exaggerated

a bit ... no offence intended.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

well I over did it with the snide remark.. that led to it.. so i should be apologizing first.

• Like 1

That's OK, I really don't understand this whole thread since I have it on great authority that

"Everything is working Perfectly"...

"Everything is working PERFECTLY.. "

And yes I was told that TWICE.. Just in case I missed it...

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

That's OK, I really don't understand this whole thread since I have it on great authority that

"Everything is working Perfectly"...

"Everything is working PERFECTLY.. "

And yes I was told that TWICE.. Just in case I missed it...

omg ... not THIS again, please! At least restrain your polemic approach here. Your pet topic "autoupdater" is not the same as "all bugs in the bug forums". Thank you.

omg ... not THIS again, please! At least restrain your polemic approach here. Your pet topic "autoupdater" is not the same as "all bugs in the bug forums". Thank you.

LOL

Yeah nobody cares about facts and symantecs do they?

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

LOL

Yeah nobody cares about facts and symantecs do they?

This thread is about how the bug sub forums could be made more usefull. You only try to troll. Your invalid generalization "everything is ok (and therefore we don't even need bug forums)" is a fact in your eyes? Troll elsewhere, mate. You certainly only mean that you were told that everything was ok with the autoupdater, right? Then wtf are you doing here right now - besides spilling your bad moot around?

We have our own bug report system that is used to organize everything.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I propose a very large supply of Post-It notes (with the DCS logo, of course) that should be distributed to all registered DCS owners. Anyone that finds a bug simply writes the pertinent information on the Post-It and mails it to ED where they can stick the note on the appropriate dev's monitor.

Simple. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

We have our own bug report system that is used to organize everything.

Your internal bug report system maybe perfect.

The user bug report system through the forum needs change.

Current forum bug reporting is cluttering the forum and have no use for the player 99% of the time.

TOTAL bug threads: 14,763 and posts: 126,349 looks like a joke to me and not a convenient bug reporting service for the forum user.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I propose a very large supply of Post-It notes (with the DCS logo, of course) that should be distributed to all registered DCS owners. Anyone that finds a bug simply writes the pertinent information on the Post-It and mails it to ED where they can stick the note on the appropriate dev's monitor.

Simple. :P

I imagine, that the Russian post office will start to work exclusively for ED then :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War