Steam version can't connect to non-Steam?

GregP

I just tried to host a server, from the non-Steam version of DCS World, and a have a buddy using the Steam version try to connect. While he can get in and can join, he subsequently cannot enter the aircraft (Su-25); his name appears under it, but hitting F1 does nothing, and he isn't in control of it. Any ideas what the problem may be?

i7-9700K / MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Carbon AC / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti / TrackIR5 / MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals / VKB Gunfighter MkIII base + MCG Ultimate grip

Yep, hitting Briefing and then Fly. From there he goes to what I think is the F10 screen. It's weird, because although he's selected a plane from the selection screen, and his name shows up under it in-game, he can't actually get in it.

Wasn't there some trick regarding setting 'connection speed' in DCS's MP options? We both set it to LAN ... might that have been a problem?

i7-9700K / MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Carbon AC / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti / TrackIR5 / MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals / VKB Gunfighter MkIII base + MCG Ultimate grip

Ugh ... embarrassing. I set us both up as Su-25 instead of Su-25T. D'oh! Thanks for pointing out the obvious. :)