Countermeasures

Tetra

Just a quick question as the manual seems incredibly thin on the ground in regards to this.

Is there any way to set-up countermeasure cycles in the SU-25? There is chaff dispense (insert) or flare dispense (delete) or chaff + flare dispense (Q) which is one per press of each, then CM's continuously dispense mode (L.Shift + Q) but this only seems to cycle every 3(ish) seconds. Is there any way to increase the cycle rate that they are dispensed in continuous mode and the number per cycle?

Just a quick question as the manual seems incredibly thin on the ground in regards to this.

Is there any way to set-up countermeasure cycles in the SU-25? There is chaff dispense (insert) or flare dispense (delete) or chaff + flare dispense (Q) which is one per press of each, then CM's continuously dispense mode (L.Shift + Q) but this only seems to cycle every 3(ish) seconds. Is there any way to increase the cycle rate that they are dispensed in continuous mode and the number per cycle?

uh no its not that kind of AFM, its a SEM AFM. So you have to dispense with continuous mode.

and don't forget to turn on your IR ECM

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I thought the Su-25 (non-T) didn't have IR jamming... Unless that's not what you meant?

ha I'm used to the 25T so mistake..

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Fair mistake haha :thumbup:

To OP: If you have a dual stage trigger with only 1 stage programmed, you could set the first stage to continuously dispense as you're running in on the target and then manually dispense on egress (as you might need more flares to distract from your exhaust.)

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Many thanks for the help guys, just thought 3 seconds for a cycle seemed to be quite long in terms of defence after coming from the A-10C but I guess it probably isn't. Nice idea with the dual-stage, will give that a go, currently just assigned all the CM stuff to my Warthog CM hat but having it on the first stage of the trigger would be helpful. Thanks again.