For what its worth.

Just upgraded my video card from a Asus GTX 275 with 875 meg vram to a Asus overclocked 660ti with 3 gig vram. No improvement in frame rate at all with DCS. Was not real surprised since I read the forums and knew DCS is CPU bound. Just a heads up for anyone looking to improve frame rates.

On a positive note my win7 video performance went from 7.3 to 7.9. Best $250 I ever spent.:pilotfly:

Cpu is a I7-860 at 2.8 with a asus p5 motherboard. Its a good setup for overclocking from what I read. At my age I am just not into that stuff. In my time overclocking meant dual 4 barrel carbs.

Cpu is a I7-860 at 2.8 with a asus p5 motherboard. Its a good setup for overclocking from what I read. At my age I am just not into that stuff. In my time overclocking meant dual 4 barrel carbs.

I mention it because a lot of newer cpus will run at 3.2, 3.4 and turbo boost will take them to around 3.8.

A lot of people will easily over clock them to 4.5, some higher, some might only use the built in overclock tools and only take it to ~ 4.2.

For these guys an upgrade in gpu can mean an upgrade in frame rates and spending the money can be worthwhile.