what to expect from Su-27 module?

nap0leonic

will ED able to accurately replicate Su-27 flight model?

will we be able to do cobra manouver?

are they actually serious about creating DCS Su-27SM module or was it just a name being thrown to fool us? :lol:

when will the Su-27 Flaming Cliffs module be released?

when will the DCS Su-27 being worked?

The DCS: Flaming Cliffs Su-27, will be the FC3 Su-27, Sold Separately with SU-27 AFM.

Cobra's are good for Airshows and wowing the crowd..

DCS: Su-27SM, was merely mentioned as a future module in the DCS Overview Video.

DCS: SU-27 Flaming Cliffs and DCS: F-15 Flaming Cliffs are being worked on.

The Next 100% DCS Study Sim Level Airframe will be the F-18C, so dont expect any news about DCS SU-27 till after that, and prolly after DCS: FW-190

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

So is thrust vectoring on F-22, only for airshow :)

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

It's also for supersonic efficiency/drag reduction, but that doesn't really wow anyone ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Why don't you tell us? :D It'll be as good a guess as anyone else's :D

when will the Su-27 Flaming Cliffs module be released?

when will the DCS Su-27 being worked?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Cobra's can be executed without T.V., it has nothing to do with it.

The Maneuver itself is nothing more than a bleed off of speed,

This isnt top gun, hitting the brakes like that does not do anything good during an engagement.

I have heard stories that it does really well combined with counter measures to defeat SAMs.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

They are not related IMO. TV on the f-22 and other Russian A/C are usefull in a rate of turn, high AoA fight, where as "The Cobra" maneuver would most likey have limited usefulness in a accual fight. More like debating which is cooler inverted flat spins, a barrel rolling helo or a cobra maneuver.

They are not related IMO. TV on the f-22 and other Russian A/C are usefull in a rate of turn, high AoA fight, where as "The Cobra" maneuver would most likey have limited usefulness in a accual fight. More like debating which is cooler inverted flat spins, a barrel rolling helo or a cobra maneuver.

Cobra is demonstration of Su-27 limits of AOA, its all about maintaining control at very low speeds and AOA.You don't need to take it to cobra attitudes but having in mind that you have the possibility, I would say that cobra is very useful in a merge if you have helmet-mounted sight and R-73.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Wow and they say they are making DCS World real as real as it gets ! when a Su-27 can't do a cobra in DCS WORLD and listening from developers like ED that the cobra maneuver is just for airshows and had no advantage CAC is just for me is crap of BULL SHIT !.

Also when they are making AFM for Su27 then why not just more features (example: Smart A/G weapons) to polish the product or improve a bit more.

But Noooo...! they want make and show the world how cool are the Western jets are and how they are putting so much effort creating them so you can shot down Russian jets from the stone age :D...hence making your life easier to engage and destroy the stone age Russian jets + no crobra move as a bonus.. :D

Thank god ... i didn't buy the FC3 because its real and Flankers can't do Cobra....shishhhh... I have seen videos and also seen videos of players using Cobra move in FC2 to have advantage in CAC situations ! What crap of people is ED is hiring that they are saying Cobra is good for Airshows only ?!?

Wow and they say they are making DCS World real as real as it gets ! when a Su-27 can't do a cobra in DCS WORLD and listening from developers like ED that the cobra maneuver is just for airshows and had no advantage CAC is just for me is crap of BULL SHIT !.

Also when they are making AFM for Su27 then why not just more features (example: Smart A/G weapons) to polish the product or improve a bit more.

But Noooo...! they want make and show the world how cool are the Western jets are and how they are putting so much effort creating them so you can shot down Russian jets from the stone age :D...hence making your life easier to engage and destroy the stone age Russian jets + no crobra move as a bonus.. :D

Thank god ... i didn't buy the FC3 because its real and Flankers can't do Cobra....shishhhh... I have seen videos and also seen videos of players using Cobra move in FC2 to have advantage in CAC situations ! What crap of people is ED is hiring that they are saying Cobra is good for Airshows only ?!?

Just FYI, no one from ED has said anything.

Also, the usefulness of the Cobra in combat is pretty far fetched. Yes, you can point the nose, but you can do that just by doing a normal instantaneous turn and actually have energy to maneuver afterward.

It might more like to work in FC2 (or sims in general) than in reality to a number of factors. One big one for online for example would be lone wolf pilots and a complete lack of strategic SA.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I spend my money on FC3 only because they promised AFM for the fighters (not for the a10a and su25a, those AFMs were already there)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Just FYI, no one from ED has said anything.

Also, the usefulness of the Cobra in combat is pretty far fetched. Yes, you can point the nose, but you can do that just by doing a normal instantaneous turn and actually have energy to maneuver afterward.

It might more like to work in FC2 (or sims in general) than in reality to a number of factors. One big one for online for example would be lone wolf pilots and a complete lack of strategic SA.

Its funny how people try to teach russian pilots about cobras unusefulness while never have faced it in a merge, I would assume a R-73 in the face.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

But Noooo...! they want make and show the world how cool are the Western jets are and how they are putting so much effort creating them so you can shot down Russian jets from the stone age

Because the world is really going to decide what to arm their military with based on a video game that doesn't even model everything 100% :rolleyes:

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Because the world is really going to decide what to arm their military with based on a video game that doesn't even model everything 100% :rolleyes:

Shhh, that was supposed to remain a secret remember?:P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS

Forgive me but I find this all a bit confusing.

The Su-27 will be sold with an upgraded flight model, but it will not have accurate avionics like the A-10C? Is that right?

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

No military contract.. no good plane...:music_whistling:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War