SU25 Start Problems

IvanK

I am having a weird Engine Start problem with the SU25 since 1.2.5 I think its a bug

Ramp Start

Dark Aeroplane

I turn on the electrics R Shft L cockpit comes alive.

I press either of the Eng Start keys (R ALT Home or R CTL Home)

Nothing happens .... Start light remains extinguished.

I have tried this with my On mission files and On line.

RWY START

If However I take the same mission but change it to "Take Off from Rwy" start waypoint

I start with both engines running ok. I shut them down and turn off electrics

I then do the standard Start as I detailed in the ramp start all is normal

Whats going on ?

(No issues with SU25T)

Edited by IvanK

If your throttle is not at Idle position, when starting your engines, they become swamped with fuel and fail to start - you have to return to Idle and wait a couple of minutes.

Sometimes engines won't start even with throttle at Idle position - it helps to add a bit of throttle for a second and then reduce it to Idle. I presume that means adding a bit of fuel, so that the engines start working. Or it could be a bug, but it solves the problem for me.

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Throttles are at Idle. I have tried various throttle settings as well to no avail. Given that the SU25T (and all other aircraft in game) start I think its an SU25 bug.

EDIT

I actually revisited this throttle thing on your suggestion Gloom Demon. Seems it does work if I have the the throttles just barely cracked. At IDLE = no start, Open about 4mm starts ok, Open any more no start.

EDIT 2

Re calibrated (CH) Throttle START issue is now gone ! ?

I still think something is odd with the SU25 as it was the only aircraft affected.

Edited by IvanK