Radio menu navigation?

Hey,

I've been configuring my stick and can now do everything except the radio menu (F1, F2, F3 . . .), is there any way to make the radio menu clickable with the mouse or to scroll through the options? I've looked around for an answer but the only thing I've found is a mod ( http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=76225 ) which doesnt work on 1.2.5.

It's really been bugging me, this is the only thing stopping me from playing DCS on my big TV lounging on the sofa.

Any help or info is appreciated.

Frankly, it's hard to use the A-10C to its fullest without a keyboard. Not to say it isn't possible, but to be able to easily make use of the CDU, as well as a handful of other functions, it can often be best to use the keyboard.

That said, what kind of stick do you have? You might be able to set up a profile to allow you to do this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Currently, there is no functional equivalent to that mod for v1.2.5.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Currently, there is no functional equivalent to that mod for v1.2.5.

True, I was talking about setting up some form of controller profile to bind various buttons to F1-F12. You'd probably want to have some kind of a mode switch for this, as it would take quite a few buttons, and wouldn't be useful most of the time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah Peters mod was the only one that made that possible and sadly as you noted it no longer works. Choices on what you can do about it are kind of limited, aside from having the keyboard close to you, or setting up a small keypad to do it, the best way, in my opinion, is to use voice activation.

Either get yourself a copy of VAC or Voice Attack and set up the radio commands so you can trigger them all by voice. You can chain the commands together so you can issue a phrase, like

"Two Engage Ground Targets With Guided Bombs At My SPI"

and it will press the relevant F# key presses to produce the above. Sadly the only short fall are things like the ATC menu and JTAC as they get reorganized dynamically in-game. But you can also setup commands like "Op1" which will press the F1 key etc etc.

Edited by Tetra

Thanks for the fast replies! Its a shame there isn't a way to do this easily.

True, I was talking about setting up some form of controller profile to bind various buttons to F1-F12. You'd probably want to have some kind of a mode switch for this, as it would take quite a few buttons, and wouldn't be useful most of the time.

I've considered adding an extra modifier to my stick just for radio commands but it would mean unbinding an important function (probably CMS Fwd or CMS Z axis) and would be very confusing to use, I have mouse control mapped (for CDU/MFCD) already so click-able menus would have been perfect.

I'm currently using an xbox 360 gamepad, I also have a thrustmaster t-flight hotas x, the xbox 360 pad is much easier to use so that's what i'm using right now,

What about a small bluetooth keyboard? I have one that I rest on my lap when playing DCS (despite having a bigger keyboard and playing at a desk, it's just an easier reach). 90% of my controls are mapped to my x52 pro but for radios and views and things, I have the keyboard right there. Small and light. (I have an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard)

since your using a 360 Game pad, go to controls and set like your left or right bumper button as a a modifier. Then go through the controls list and find some of the radio commands and assignt them to a button with the modifier button. you can get them all but you can try to get the ones you use most often

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: :joystick: :pilotfly:

AMD FX8350 8 core @ Stock Clock

G. Skill X Series 32GB (4x 8GB) @ 2200Mhz OC

GTX 1070 8GB

Corsair H110 Liquid Cooler

What about a small bluetooth keyboard? I have one that I rest on my lap when playing DCS (despite having a bigger keyboard and playing at a desk, it's just an easier reach). 90% of my controls are mapped to my x52 pro but for radios and views and things, I have the keyboard right there. Small and light. (I have an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard)

I'll probably end up doing this, thanks for the suggestion :)

since your using a 360 Game pad, go to controls and set like your left or right bumper button as a a modifier. Then go through the controls list and find some of the radio commands and assignt them to a button with the modifier button. you can get them all but you can try to get the ones you use most often

I'm using software called xpadder and have 3 modifiers + some macros + mouse control mapped to it. It works surprisingly well actually. Just takes a bit of getting used to.

You could get the VAC program and setup your radios with Voice commands. I did it and it works great for hands free flying. Just make a profile and add commands that you just speak. Gerry Abbot has videos on You Tube that show how to set it up. I think it was only $18.00 US. best money spent.

Edited by canadianbaken
saw post earlier