John Carmack joins Oculus VR!!!

I'm not sure how specifically this guy will bring OR closer to support in DCS (I would think it would get there eventually anyway as long as lot of DCS players start using them and "demand" ED to support it :D)... but alright... I'm all for it anyway as I can't wait to buy retail version and try it flying in DCS!

No longer active in DCS...

Well, would depend on its price for me, but i very much like the idea behind it.

EDIT;

They have a sense of humor at oculus to, from there "careers page"

Principal Hardware Engineer, Badass

Requirements:

10+ years of engineering experience architecting and delivering awesome hardware products.

Experience with all phases of electronic product design, prototyping, and production.

Strong background in FPGA and/or ASIC development.

You’re the badass; you tell us.

:lol:

Edited by 159th_Falcon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

I'm not sure how specifically this guy will bring OR closer to support in DCS (I would think it would get there eventually anyway as long as lot of DCS players start using them and "demand" ED to support it :D)... but alright... I'm all for it anyway as I can't wait to buy retail version and try it flying in DCS!

This guy? Don't tell me youve never heard of John Carmack before. The geek god of coding. People have been trying to steal him from iD software for ages, even if he never even writes one line of code for Oculus VR the marketing from having him on board will make companies take notice of this new tech.

The developer kit version that you can order now is about 350$ I think. The consumer mass produced version would probably be even cheaper.

Nope... never heard of the guy... guess this shows how much a nerd I am not :D I don't want to get the developer kit, I want a retail version... I want it to be so awesome that when I fly and fight I keep swearing and saying just how awesome that thing is! :) Check 6 will get a new meaning :D

No longer active in DCS...