Change country side?

IonicRipper

Is it possible to change a country's side without starting a mission from scratch?

For example, Insurgents are on the red side. I would like to switch them back to neutral or maybe to the blue side. Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Basically he's saying no, you can't do it.

I have this funny feeling someone is going to come in and say yes you can... because technically you can- but if you're in here asking my suggestion would be to find another "country" to be the insurgent force.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I have this funny feeling someone is going to come in and say yes you can... because technically you can

Yuuuuuuuuup! Its possible but not explicitly supported by ED. I submitted a feature request to officially put it in there but it apparently requires more changes to the files than it is worth.

Basically you have to go into the .miz file via winrar or zip and extract the "mission" file. From there you open it up in your favorite text editor and move a country table from one team to the other. Resave the file and repack it into the miz.

This post goes a little into the format and what to look for: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1704032&postcount=84

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 1 year later...
^^please can anybody tell me how to repack the mission correctly? im stuck with the "open" mission consisting of three files...how to make it one single .miz file again???

Zip them with WinZip or WinRar or from Windows Explorer, right click -> Send to -> Zip compressed folder.

In any case, you end up with somefile.zip. Rename it to somefile.miz, et voila. :)