Need advice from 3+ screen users.

The heading says it all. I have permission from the wife to go to a 4 screen setup. I'm planing to go with 3 flat screen tvs and a monitor under the center one. I am currently using a gtx 570 2.5 gb card.

Can I use Triplehead2GO, or would it be better to update my card to a multiscreen setup?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i use 3 screens with 2 nvidia cards but not in SLI configuration. getting multiple screens to work is a headache. PC games are not made to run in multi-screen. driver collusion will last forever, parts work well then suddenly stop working, screens seize up, problems no end.

if you dont update your card to an eyefinity multiple screen card, you will have bad driver problems forever.

a radeon HD 7770 will do six screens natively, so that should satisfy your thirst and give you space for MFDs later on.

if you go for SLI/Crossfire, you will spend $$$ dollars without an improvement in quality.

if you get TH2Go, then it only gives you three monitors maximum, and its an unnecessary expense right now as you can buy eyefinity with 6-screens-ready.

if you have 3 monitors of EXACTLY the same make/model/manufacturer then you can use nvidia surround from an nvidia card that supports 3 monitors, but i have never seen one working and the surround software never kicked in for me, nor nvidia 3D in multiple screen setup.

you can also try softTH for win32/win64bit. it works for some but not for me. i tried because its free download.

I am sure there are a few guys running triples with nvidia, it shouldnt be an issue. Its certainly the way to go if you can use a newer card and do it all from one.

TH2GO is past it's use by date now, it's cost goes a long way towards a good card that will do it natively.

The upside down T configuration you are talking about is a popular one that lots of us have got, including myself.

The best monitor to go below the centre monitor is a touchscreen if you can get the $$ to do it. Make all the difference interacting with the pit or using helios on the touchscreen.

The heading says it all. I have permission from the wife to go to a 4 screen setup. I'm planing to go with 3 flat screen tvs and a monitor under the center one. I am currently using a gtx 570 2.5 gb card.

Can I use Triplehead2GO, or would it be better to update my card to a multiscreen setup?

The 570 won't run 3 screens it can only do 2.

The 690 will run upto 4 I have 3 running on it in Nvidia surround works like a charm but the 690 is expensive cost me £900 and just to beef it up I kept the 570 in and SLI'd them together.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

I have 3 27" and no problem

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel® Core™ i7-6850 CPU@3.60GHz @4.068

Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX Motherboard

64 bit operation System- RAM 32.0 GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.

I run four monitors 27", 2x 24", 1x 23", all 1920x1200 res. Using SoftTH.

Currently in portrait, landscape, portrait with monitor dash under center.

My current VRAM usage is around 4.5GB.

Be prepared to take a fps hit.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

I have an older model video card ( gigabite gtx 275)

What I did was hook a Matrox th2go to one of the card outputs and the 4th monitor to the 2nd video output. I am running 4 30" lcd TV's in a "T" config with the matrox looking after the 3 screens across the top and the 2nd video output running the lower part of the "T". This has served me well for for 4 years now

Randy

with a AMD 5xxxx series and up or Nvidia 6xx series and up triple screens are very quick to setup.

Most modern games do support triples screens and the ones that don't

www.wsgf.org is a great resource. Flawless Widescreen and Widescreen Fixer are 2 programs that pretty much solve any triplecreen problem with most games.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Here's my single 6970 Eyefinity setup. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109693

Took about 5 minutes to setup. Helios took some reading (and question asking) at the forum to gain an understanding of how to set it up.

Regardless of what flavor card you go with, there is plenty of support here to help you get it running.

John

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Running 4 1680x1050 with hd 7979 with no problems. Top 3 monitors or running eyefinity and bottom center set to extended. Running Helios on botton

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

chardly38, if you haven't already checked it out, you might be interested in my similar T-shaped setup from the previous page of this thread. With 4 monitors in that configuration, if you can get a touchscreen for the lower monitor, you won't even need Helios anymore; you can have all the cockpit instruments show up on the lower screen, so you can interact with them directly. This also makes everything else on the upper screens bigger, particularly the HUD font, which is a nice bonus. Nothing against Helios -- it's a great product -- but at least for me, the added expense of buying a touchscreen (they're much cheaper these days though, thanks for Windows 8) was worth it to have one coherent cockpit rather than two separate sets of instruments/displays.

When I ran my Helios setup I adjusted the default forward view so that it stopped at the bottom of the HUD. That way the Helios screen with the instruments flowed into the DCS cockpit. I ended up getting rid of the touch screen as it took up too much desk space which I couldn't justify for a single game where it functions.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11