Problems with A-10A module

ST0RM

I got a problem from a Strela... What I noticed in these situations is that different throttle settings between engines don't do much, half of elevator means nose up really big time, Fire does not extinguish but neither eats the plane (which is a good thing :D ).

JC1OXwEvdQc

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I got a problem from a Strela... What I noticed in these situations is that different throttle settings between engines don't do much, half of elevator means nose up really big time, Fire does not extinguish but neither eats the plane (which is a good thing :D ).

JC1OXwEvdQc

yep had that happen today, I think all the instruments are backwards. AOG is backwards and the AOA is either upside down or backwards. Do they even have competent people working on these codes?

:pilotfly:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having issues from ramp too, while the SU25T works fine. I've been reading the manuals (flight and game) and Googling about this and looking for solutions all evening yesterday (resetting controls too, rebooting, mapping to other keys to no avail). So maybe I'm making a newbie mistake, but I'm lost.

The Rshift-Home doesn't work. So I start them separately, Ralt+Home first for the left engine as I read here. I wait a bit for the engine to start up, but then I have a problem. Ralt-End doesn't stop the engine, but neither does Rctrl-Home start the right engine.

When I start on the the runway or in the sky where engines are started up fine, no problems are there.

I might be making a newbie mistake, but if so I've spend about 4 hours trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Anyone got a clue?

I'm on windows 8 64 bit, saitek x45 hotas (bought that since I didn't know if i'd like the game enough to invest in a new one for now).

Note: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1830797&postcount=1280 doesnt work for me.

edit: it was thrust calibration on the X45. Thanks for the tip.

Edited by SphaZ

CBU's 97 CCIP delivery is (and I belive CCRP) highly inacurate. The A-10C places you in a much stepper diver when delivering the 97's in pure CCIP. This resultes that when employing them with the A-10A the balistics are off, the CBU cassings do indeed arround the target but the BLUs on parachute fall very short from the Target. I started to compensate by aiming forward of the Target and can now get them to fall right over the target area to great effect. But unless the A-10A didn't compute CBUs 97 trajectory properly like it is in the Sim right now. Then it's a bug.

CBU's 97 CCIP delivery is (and I belive CCRP) highly inacurate. The A-10C places you in a much stepper diver when delivering the 97's in pure CCIP. This resultes that when employing them with the A-10A the balistics are off, the CBU cassings do indeed arround the target but the BLUs on parachute fall very short from the Target. I started to compensate by aiming forward of the Target and can now get them to fall right over the target area to great effect. But unless the A-10A didn't compute CBUs 97 trajectory properly like it is in the Sim right now. Then it's a bug.

yep I'm having this issue again, I guess it got broke again. :joystick::thumbup::thumbup:

Good Job Team keep them bugs coming..

Eventually I think the coders will have the same build and it will be fixed.. Looks Like to me a lot of the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing..

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

As mentioned before, my CBU 97's are falling way way way short of the CCIP pipper. I'm hoping this is something that will be fixed?

Also, I'm not sure if this is a problem with my setup, but when slewing the Maverick seeker head on the TV, it generates weird movements. Like, if I try to slew it up, it first sways to the right and then up. Or if I try to slew it down, it'll sway to the left and then go down. It makes fine adjustments nearly impossible. Doesn't seem to matter how stable I'm holding the aircraft either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've made some research to figure out why A10A has blurred fan all the time.

My first though was that A10C has enhanced model, that's partially true and I will describe it in later part of this post.

Well basically A and C model is using two textures to imitate engine spin. First it uses static texture for idle and low rpm then it starts to use blurred one. For some reason only C model has transition implemented. A stays blurred all the time. When this idea came to my mind I decided to edit Polish Air Force green livery made for C to see how it works. I swapped blurred part with static and it worked out great. Well at high rpm it sux because it doesn't look like it's spinning very fast (not super smooth 1000fps animation).

So please ED implement this, if you are working on it then great.

Second part:

A10A has some holes in cockpit caused by external model swapping.

I was doing experiments with A10A and A10C models yesterday to find out how fan spinning is implemented. I have swapped .edm files with each other to see if it's fixing issue, it didn't fixed issue (see first part of my post) but I saw something else. Cockpit holes disappeared. A10A became solid aircraft :D

There was no internal testing with TrackIR or what ? Come on, it seems that some modeler rushed and didn't tested how it blends.

There was one catch, in external view MFDs and all C instruments were visible. Fix doesn't seem to be hard, just copy C model again or whatever you were working on and cut it for cockpit, but this time do some internal testing ;)

Sorry if it is hard to read, I'm not native english speaker.

I received a report that the A-10A cannot rearm after dispensing its weps.

The mission is Southern Wind on the Hollo Pointe server. A-10As start from Sukhumi. The report is that after firing all weapons and returning to base, rearm does not work.

---

I don't fly the A-10A. But I did a quick test and verified that the A-10A Cold Start can rearm at this Sukhumi base before starting engines, so the base sure seems to be set up correctly.

I'll leave it to you A-10A people to sort out the no-rearm after a flight.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Did they shut down? Fc3 ACFT can't refuel/rearm with engines running.

^^^ I did a quick test to make sure the A-10As and Cs can rearm on a Cold Start, and let the user know that.

You are right, paulrkiii -- the user did not shut down the A-10A's engines. Once he did that he said the rearming worked as it should.

:joystick:

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

• 3 weeks later...

A small thing but it would be nice if it were fixed ...

There are discrepencies between the external model of the A-10A flown by AI and the A-10A flown by a player. Specifically, for the player, when the engine's are stopped, you can't see the turbine blades. All you see is a grey disc. Also, you don't have strobe lights like on the AI's plane.

A small thing but it would be nice if it were fixed ...

There are discrepencies between the external model of the A-10A flown by AI and the A-10A flown by a player. Specifically, for the player, when the engine's are stopped, you can't see the turbine blades. All you see is a grey disc. Also, you don't have strobe lights like on the AI's plane.

See post 35.

Thanks. I guess my question, though, is why is there a difference between an A-10A flown by the player and an A-10A flown by the AI ? There is a similar issue for the F-15C where the blades spin for the AI but they don't spin for the player.

We as players have AFM, AI has separate code.

Hi all, i got a problem with the Hud, basically in some mission the hud is very large i can see only a the center of it, and all the border are out of my view. I have to zoom out and make it very small to see it at all. This happens only in certain mission, not in all. Is someone having this issue?

Hi all, i got a problem with the Hud, basically in some mission the hud is very large i can see only a the center of it, and all the border are out of my view. I have to zoom out and make it very small to see it at all. This happens only in certain mission, not in all. Is someone having this issue?
I don't have that exact problem but something similar. When I am in snap view and press Numpad 5 to see the HUD close up, I only see a portion of it, like part of the pitch ladder. I'm not using TrackIR.

Hi Zeno, I am having the same problem with the A10a HUD display, its badly out of scale to the area of the HUD glass thus leaving most of the HUD data inaccessible. Don't know if this is significant, I am using the FC3 version of the A10a.

Things I have tried to do (without improvement) to correct the issue, Re-installed FC3 from scratch, fiddled endlessly with view shortcut keys including saving new cockpit view angles (waste of time).

I hope this Issue is fixed soon because for the first time in many years it seemed that the A10a had become sufficiently well done to tempt me to start flying it again. Original Flaming Cliffs A10a was a great aircraft to fly but became suspiciously "broken" when DCS began their project DCS A10c.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Zeno, I am having the same problem with the A10a HUD display, its badly out of scale to the area of the HUD glass thus leaving most of the HUD data inaccessible. Don't know if this is significant, I am using the FC3 version of the A10a.

Things I have tried to do (without improvement) to correct the issue, Re-installed FC3 from scratch, fiddled endlessly with view shortcut keys including saving new cockpit view angles (waste of time).

I hope this Issue is fixed soon because for the first time in many years it seemed that the A10a had become sufficiently well done to tempt me to start flying it again. Original Flaming Cliffs A10a was a great aircraft to fly but became suspiciously "broken" when DCS began their project DCS A10c.

I have the A10A module, bought on ED shop but activated via Steam.

This bug is showing only on certain mission,the problem is excatly the sane you described, i dont speak english as well to use your words!

The problem is presenting with and without tracKIR 5.

Hope it will be fixed soon

By the way kneeboard seem broken too, im able only to view the first page... And this is connected to the hud problem.

Edited by Zeno Spada

I can confirm the HUD bug in the FC2 airport raid mission. Makes things extremely difficult if not impossible, especially since they changed the dynamics of the mission.

Static aircraft blocking taxiways in the ramp start and Nav mission.

Haven't tried a reboot yet, but the bombs and maverick practice mission hangs up before even closing the GUI ... music keeps playing and have the Windows "working" circle going round and round.

And those are the only three (of the fc2 missions) I've tried so far... A-10A module, Windows 8 x64

I have tried the 2 new missions and haven't run into any particular issues, but haven't lasted long enough to really find any LOL, was hoping to get more comfortable flying and fighting it with the old missions... oops.

The A-10A: DCS Flaming Cliffs as part of FC3 is a module for DCS World. This is not FC2.

The missions come with it for DCS World, they are in a folder appropriately called FC2, because they are adapted (well they tried), from the missions that came with FC2.