Su-25 Campaign: Red Hammer

MBot

This is nothing realy new, I just wanted to put the campaign in the mission forum for the records.

Red Hammer is a 10 mission campaign for the Su-25. The campaign features realistic mission profiles for the Su-25, active airbases and detailed sitreps/briefings.

Downloads:

http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&subcat=4&jumpto=334

http://www.lockonskins.co.uk/dlc.php?page=missions&MISID=35

http://lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=88&lid=419&title=Su-25%20Red%20Hammer%20Campaign#dldetails

Enjoy :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What EXACTLY am I supposed to bomb in mission 7

"railway yard at Dzhankoy" ? i hit the train very badly, no sucess. I had even hit one tank, one truck and one (what was ist again?) at next to the train. Mission Goal 0%.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

The destroy goal is attached to a Hummer jeep pretty much in the center of the yard. I have placed in a way that it will get destroyed on most occasion if your bombs go down on the yard. It seems you had bad luck that it survived your attack.

I know this solution isn't perfect and can be very fustrating if the Hummer survives by chance. Unfortunatly the limited editor of lomac doesn't leave many options for inteligent setup of mission goals. One alternative would be to leave goals out of missions completly and let the player descide if he regards his mission as a success and wants to go ahead to the next one.

Red Hammer

I finished the campaign today,

It was great and really enjoyed the whole thing.

MBot I know you like feedback so here goes.

1. Home airbase setup was nice and especially liked the low level flyovers

of su-25's while taxing to takeoff. Helos and trucks everywhere is a must

and I won't be able to do without any more.

2. Some Helos were parked on top of aircraft on missions 8,9,10

3. The observation flights and cargo flights were good also but when the

Ilyushin comes in for landing same time as player the players plane sometimes

just vanishes, this is not fun if you took the time to complete the mission then your plane dissappears and you don't get credit for the mission complete.

I moved the Ilyushin to land at nearby air bases.

4. I reprogrammed alot of the tanks and ground units to battle eachother.

alot of the start dates for the ground units were wrong and those units would not even spawn into the mission. I spent a lot of time fixing up and adding

ground units. I think I got some good action out of them while I was flying over head.

5. I really like the 5000M delivery altitude for the bombing missions

It seems real and a good way to stay out of trouble from the SAM's

6. I changed some of the flight paths so that you can read your waypoint indicator and begin your dive for target @ approximatly 10KM out.

In that way it seems the pilot would program his flight computer so that it would give him a very good Idea that the target was just under him.

This so you don,t spend time loitering trying to find the target.

7. I added some threat fighters in some missions because RAF had CAP on patrol.

8. On the bombing missions I increased the load of bombs it seemed not to

much for the aircraft and they make a nice show when they hit.

9. I do think the light loads for the SEAD and low level sorties is a must.

10. the su-25 definately flies better with light load.

I made an attack pack with the MOD missions and added the Supply Stop

and georgian retaliation to it.

Thanks for the good material,

Regards,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate this very much. I am glad you enjoyed the campaign.

2. Some Helos were parked on top of aircraft on missions 8,9,10

Yep, unfortunatly Lock On seems to keep placed static objects from previous mission trough every following campaign missions. I guess the airbase must be screwed up pretty bad at the end of the campaign. Fortunatly it doesn't seem to affect playability of the mission. I don't think I will fix the missions as I am already working on the next campaign, this time with lession learned :)

3. The observation flights and cargo flights were good also but when the

just vanishes, this is not fun if you took the time to complete the mission then your plane dissappears and you don't get credit for the mission complete.

Could you please explain further, I have never heard of anything like that. Where exatctly is your plane and where is the landing AI when your plane dissapears ?

alot of the start dates for the ground units were wrong and those units would not even spawn into the mission. I spent a lot of time fixing up and adding

ground units. I think I got some good action out of them while I was flying over head.

Actualy the spawn dates are that way on purpose. I wanted the ground units and SAM rings to show up on the briefing map to give the player a better idea of the overall situation of the war on the map. But since those units are irrelevant for the player during the mission, I let them spawn at day 100 so they don't cost fps.

6. I changed some of the flight paths so that you can read your waypoint indicator and begin your dive for target @ approximatly 10KM out.

In that way it seems the pilot would program his flight computer so that it would give him a very good Idea that the target was just under him.

This so you don,t spend time loitering trying to find the target.

IIRC I set most target waypoint at a position that are most favourable to initiate your attack run. 5-10 km out of your target for a 30-45° dive angle from 5000m alt and with a offset course so you can spot the target out of your side window.

How were your expierences with the mission goals ? On many area bombing missions a have set a single "destroy goal" jeep in the middle of the target, thinking that chances are pretty high that it gets destroyed. Did you have any fustrating moments when the attack was good with much damage done but without achieving the mission goal ?

MBot, I'm still playing your Red Hammer campaign and I really like it!

I also admire the work you've put into brefings. I read every single word in there. Very immersive and a lot of important information there (how to approach target area, recommended release mode, bomb spread etc.) It's golden example how mission briefing should look like!

I also like timed AI traffic (once I've landed on top of A-50, didn't have much choice because lost my hydraulics and one engine, saw that bastard last moment taxing along the runway) (funny I still got clearance for VFR landing ;) )

Did you have any fustrating moments when the attack was good with much damage done but without achieving the mission goal ?

Hell, yes!

In 3rd mission (area bombing - armor platoon during some resupply..) I was very annoyed because I've destroyed almost everything in one strike (used SALVO, max spread) except 3 vehicles on south-east end. Didn't score enough to sucessfully complete the mission! I called then my wingman to finish them off, but still I think what I did should be enough to move to next mission. (instead of showing me 0 percent score)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Hell, yes!

In 3rd mission (area bombing - armor platoon during some resupply..) I was very annoyed because I've destroyed almost everything in one strike (used SALVO, max spread) except 3 vehicles on south-east end. Didn't score enough to sucessfully complete the mission! I called then my wingman to finish them off, but still I think what I did should be enough to move to next mission.

Arg, I know that this can be pretty fustrating. I tried to set up my missions in a way that the goal is to attack the target and do as much damage as possible, not to destroy a specific amount of targets. Unfortunatly the editor doesn't have a "bomb site xyz" goal or anything like that, so I had to use that "goal jeep" methode. Unfortuntaly this isn't perfect. I would like to hear more opinions if I should discontinue using that methode.

Player Plane Vanishes

MBot,

Christopher M

The observation flights and cargo flights were good also but when the

MBot:

Could you please explain further, I have never heard of anything like that. Where exatctly is your plane and where is the landing AI when your plane dissapears ?

After completing the mission and flying home I find the Ilyushin is inbound for landing on my home field, I orbit for traffic and bang my plane dissapears.

I looked in the debrief and nothing happend to me ie; no explosion or crash

my plane just vanashed, also my pilot is not credited with the completed mission and the campaign shows the mission as not completed also.

I figured the game cannot handle too much traffic around the home field at the end of the missions, so I moved the Ilyushin to land at field nearby and problem solved.

It's the same if you put too many FLIGHTS in the beginning of the mission for takeoff from the same airfield, even if you make one take off from the runway and one from the parking area if they have same start time one will not spawn.

You have to let one flight spawn in the air then you are OK.

Or let them takeoff from another airfield.

I am sure you have seen this before ? yes ?

Also I wanted to ask you a question about Helos ?

In the editor they land at 250KM/Hr ? wierd

Also how do you get them to land in a specific place ? is this possible ?

or do you have to let them choose their own landing spot ?

Best Regards,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

It's the same if you put too many FLIGHTS in the beginning of the mission for takeoff from the same airfield

Christopher - if you make them all take off from parking and make sure they are all from the SAME COUNTRY then they all spawn OK straight away. I just retested it and had 10 flights of varying US aircraft and tasks (total of 40 aircraft) take off from Anapa.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Multiple Flights from One Airfield

BRD,

Thanks for the info, I am not such a good troubleshooter.

I will definitly try it out with multilpe flights same country.

Between my Job, Wife, crazy expat existance, and LO I wonder if I'll ever be

really proficient at LO. (still have not made a movie)

Now BS is comming (have to start worring about hardware up-grades soon)

It's an unbelievably horrible life; I know.

Such a tortured existance.

Oh well <sigh......> I'll make it somehow.

Thanks for your advise, I always appriciate the help.

Best Regards,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

Actualy only aircraft from the same *package* will spawn together on an airfield. Different packages from the same country will only spawn when the previous package has taken off. Exception are helos, wich can spawn independently from fixed wing traffic.

Christopher, I have never expierenced what you describe here. I often land with traffic from different flights around my airbase without a problem ( right in front or behind a landing AI, orbiting around the base etc. ). Seems you have found a bug.

The landing speed for the helo in the editor means it will fly from the last waypoint to the airbase with 250 km/h.

Helos can only land at airbases.

• 3 years later...

I know this is pretty much outdated - but I was very upset when after one hour of flying in the attack railyard mission I was just coming for landing and my plane has just disappeared :( Now I know it was probably because of Il-76 landing. Without mission success - the mission wasn't even logged in my log, so that's not too much encouraging.

If you dont want to have to fly that mission again in order to progress.................

Go into Mission Editor, at the upper left of screen click on the Open button, bottom right TYPE OF FILE select CAMPAIGN, navigate the folder structure to the campaign you want and select it. Bottom right click on MAP. Now you will see the 1st mission of the campaign.

Now to declassify it by overwriting the password with your own. Use keystrokes rather than the pulldown menu to do this.

Press "ctrl + left shift + C" then type in a password of your choice e.g. 1234.

Now press "ctrl + left shift + D" and enter your password e.g. 1234

Now all the missions in the campaign should appear on the right hand side, so select the mission you want to fly. If you wish, you can even select your aircraft, select PAYLOAD and pick different weapons / fuel load / skin. You can add or remove other units, change the weather, time of day etc. Or even change those pesky IL-76's to land elsewhere.

NOTE that Lockon does not seem to remember this password overwrite, so you may have to do it each time you want to get into a Campaign this way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you dont want to have to fly that mission again in order to progress.................

Go into Mission Editor, at the upper left of screen click on the Open button, bottom right TYPE OF FILE select CAMPAIGN, navigate the folder structure to the campaign you want and select it. Bottom right click on MAP. Now you will see the 1st mission of the campaign.

Now to declassify it by overwriting the password with your own. Use keystrokes rather than the pulldown menu to do this.

Press "ctrl + left shift + C" then type in a password of your choice e.g. 1234.

Now press "ctrl + left shift + D" and enter your password e.g. 1234

Now all the missions in the campaign should appear on the right hand side, so select the mission you want to fly. If you wish, you can even select your aircraft, select PAYLOAD and pick different weapons / fuel load / skin. You can add or remove other units, change the weather, time of day etc. Or even change those pesky IL-76's to land elsewhere.

NOTE that Lockon does not seem to remember this password overwrite, so you may have to do it each time you want to get into a Campaign this way.

Thanks for answer, I'll do it this way. Aside this glitch, it is a superb campaign. It's a pitty that there aren't many that good campaigns for the plain Su-25.

http://web1w1.nfrance.com/~wb43370/SU-25%20missions.html

Try jpm's site (link above). A whole bunch of Su-25 missions and campaigns. The campaigns are at the bottom of the page. Haven't flown them myself, so not sure what they are like.....

Lockonfiles has 4 plain Su-25 campaigns.

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=230#cat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://web1w1.nfrance.com/~wb43370/SU-25%20missions.html

Try jpm's site (link above). A whole bunch of Su-25 missions and campaigns. The campaigns are at the bottom of the page. Haven't flown them myself, so not sure what they are like.....

Lockonfiles has 4 plain Su-25 campaigns.

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=230#cat

Thank you very much for the pointers. I know jpm's campaigns - but to be honest, while there are many missions - briefings, situational reports, etc. are rather rudimentary and not to par with Red Hammer, which is campaign with well thought and achievable mission goals with nice situational reports. Jpm's campaigns are fine in quantity but the ones I tried had non-existent briefings or just few words like, destroy this or this, but there is a lot of them so some may like it. I play lockon in DiD style, so I need to have good situational report of situation in campaign briefing to be able to create a well thought plan to survive in plain Su-25 :). It is also more immersive:) The ones on lockonfiles look nice though, I'm gonna try them.