UH1-H pilotsight mod

I created a patch to have a sight collimated at infinite on XM60E1 instead of the 2D ugly circles : http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/421092/

This patch modify some *.lua files of the cockpit of DCS UH1-1H to use an aiming reticle given by PeterP for the the XM60E1. This will allow pilot to aim while in 3DVISION/stereoscopic mode (because the sight is collimated at infinity), and provide a better pilot sight for everybody.

It also remove the ugly circles Belsimtek give us to aim (as they are only in 2D, that make impossible to aim while in 3DVISION/stereoscopic mode) and add some modification made by PeterP to improve the management of help text.

The mod will be obsolete as soon as Belsimtek will release the true XM60E1 modelization.

This mod is compatible with PeterP "Kneeboard" mod (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=107586). It will works with or without it.

The PeterP mod must be installed BEFORE the XM60E1 stereoscopic, as it will overwrite some of its files.

XM60E_1.thumb.jpg.0fe200ca25417494a55e9fda48e9199e.jpg

XM60E_2.thumb.jpg.c12bb60221616cd61f23c5fed1096560.jpg

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Like 1

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Great mod thanks.

Is it possible to make the circles a bit thinner with a few edits of the .lua files? I find that the circles tend to cover over targets a bit much.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

thank you very much..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Good, i was flying last night, turned on my kneeboard and got a graphic that i have never seen before. Thanks for the update

Edit: Still not working. the sight is functioning but the kneeboard disappears. I"m not using PeterP's mod

Edited by LiveBait

Has anyone tried this mod with the new 1.2.5.16508.225 update?

The pilots pull down site no longer is textured and wondering if it has to do with this mod or with me messing something else up.

Monk

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

No monkie, this mod doesn't brakes your cockpit textures.

You did it yourself because you are using still the old cockpit textures that where created before the XM60 sight was added to the cockpit.

You have to redo the steps of this mod instruction again with the new cockpit textures that came with 1.2.5.16508.225 to fix it again.

Edited by PeterP

@monkie:

I tested it and it's OK with the 1.2.5.16508.225

If you have a doubt:

• remove your mods (I hope you use JSGME)
  • do a "DCS repair"
  • check if the problem is gone
  • install the mods one by one and check the problem after each mod

Nevertheless the mod still has a problem with the standard kneeboard !

My validation process is not as good as it should...

Here is the right device_init.lua which works with both standard and PeterP kneeboard, to wait the 1.5 version...

Put it in z_UH-1H_XM60E1\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Scripts

Now I am sure that it works !

device_init.zip

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

yes thanks, it's working fine now.

I had 3 mods for the Huey cockpit and foolishly didn't backup the latest update before overwriting it with the re-mip mapped mod.

I now have the XM site and dusty windshield mod but left out the re-mip mapped cockpit textures for now. The XM site is working perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

Played last nigh around with the XM60 reticle again, while waiting for a new Huey update...

This is the old reverence that I used for the reticle >>> Update on Development Progress

But after some research I changed it to this:

Screen_130828_191654_zpsed897c90.jpg

And this is the reverence that I used:

80-mil_zpsaa0f7b15.jpg

Whoever thinks he/she needs it changed too :

Download it below.

z_UH-1H_XM60E1_5 _80-MILreticle edit.rar

Edited by PeterP

Wow! That seems great. Thanks again PeterP!

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

It's only me, or this reticle can't be synchronised with gun's aiming point when it's moved using Sight Down/Up/Left/Right?

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

• ED Team
Played last nigh around with the XM60 reticle again, while waiting for a new Huey update...

This is the old reverence that I used for the reticle >>> Update on Development Progress

But after some research I changed it to this:

Screen_130828_191654_zpsed897c90.jpg

And this is the reverence that I used:

Whoever thinks he/she needs it changed too :

Download it below.

Does it work with latest version?

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

Does it work with latest version?

Don't use this mod any more !- BST made the pilot sight functional with the last update to 1.2.6.

Things you will have to do to get all key commands working: The Default is stored and updated in this folder:...

Here is a instruction how you have to use the XM60-> To use the Pilot's sight you have to first pull...

Edited by PeterP