1st campaign mission

Mainstay

So i have to take out a platoon of leopard tanks. You would think 6xRBK500U would do the job ! Wrong !

6 clusterbombs perfect on a row of leopard tanks and not a single unit destroyed....

Is it me or is there something wrong with the clustermunition?

g8PjVMw.png

Not sure if there is anything wrong whit cluster bombs as such.

But they sure lack the power to take out heavy armor.

Try racks whit 4 FAB 100's each, set release interval to kmgu/rbk.

S-13 rocket pods can easily take out those tanks to, but require you to fly multiple passes.

And not sure if you will have enough of them to take them all out.

(could work though if you have an AI wingmen)

Could also use the laser guided KH-25ML or S-25L, though there hard to use on moving targets when launched from the 25A.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Not sure if there is anything wrong whit cluster bombs as such.

But they sure lack the power to take out heavy armor.

Try racks whit 4 FAB 100's each, set release interval to kmgu/rbk.

S-13 rocket pods can easily take out those tanks to, but require you to fly multiple passes.

And not sure if you will have enough of them to take them all out.

(could work though if you have an AI wingmen)

Could also use the laser guided KH-25ML or S-25L, though there hard to use on moving targets when launched from the 25A.

is the mission task also fulfilled when you jump into the wingsmans plane for "borrowing" his ammunition to finish the job and then jump back into your plane and RTB ? never tried this out...

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

So i have to take out a platoon of leopard tanks. You would think 6xRBK500U would do the job ! Wrong !

6 clusterbombs perfect on a row of leopard tanks and not a single unit destroyed....

Is it me or is there something wrong with the clustermunition?

If it is cold war warrior, then you fly - in, drop your load in one/two passes and fly home. Mission completed successfuly. You don't have to destroy anything.

If it is cold war warrior, then you fly - in, drop your load in one/two passes and fly home. Mission completed successfuly. You don't have to destroy anything.

It says 75% complete when i land but ill try using bombs instead of clustermunition

g8PjVMw.png

i complete the cold war warrior in fc2 it is good campaign but...

a good player dont change deafault paylod and he trust editor knowlege.

the editor should know 4*b-20 can kill a line of marder or ifv but not leopard or heavy armored mbt...

of course i finished that mission 100 % with 1 tank kill. its not realistic... editor could reach that in dcs.

most of missons also designed on surpris attack just in first time of see targets ( the lines divide immediatly after first attack ).

and misson succes percen is not as good as su-25t campain (oil war).

and i should say the su-25 wingman is better and has more skill than su-25t wingman in "oil war" and "revanche".

Edited by Alireza.kh

of course i finished that mission 100 % with 1 tank kill. its not realistic... editor could reach that in dcs.

I think this is good and realistic. You objective is to strike a certain group. Damaging or killing a single unit from that group already yields a result...

In the missions I make I usually reward points for damaging the target.

'Frett'

I think this is good and realistic. You objective is to strike a certain group. Damaging or killing a single unit from that group already yields a result...

In the missions I make I usually reward points for damaging the target.

i meant going that far way with su-25 with just 4*b-20 (editor choice) in middle of short range AAs and just damge a line of mbt ?

if you did coldwar campaign you should know that payload of most of missions is this:

2*fuel tank

2*R-60M

4*b-20

pilot should do order in briefing.it means the editor decided to kill mbt with s-8 rocket. did he know pilots can not do that?

su-25 can carry a lot of weapons .like s-13 s-24 and more... so why just s-8 for missions !

s-13 can kill MBTs perfectly

i love dcs and specially campaigns it was just a review for future products

Edited by Alireza.kh

Never knew the mission didn't require the destruction of the entire platoon.

I too felt the default mission payload was not adequate, some forums users said that I should use my wingman who is armed with laser guided missiles, but I don't know how to tell him to attack the mission objective without attaching AAA or other vehicles in the area.

Now that I know I don't have the entire platoon this mission has become a lot easier.

I still feel there should be some kind of indication that the entire platoon does not need to be destroyed; and it's just plain silly (or incomplete) that there is no indication.

314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119

Never knew the mission didn't require the destruction of the entire platoon.

I too felt the default mission payload was not adequate, some forums users said that I should use my wingman who is armed with laser guided missiles, but I don't know how to tell him to attack the mission objective without attaching AAA or other vehicles in the area.

Now that I know I don't have the entire platoon this mission has become a lot easier.

I still feel there should be some kind of indication that the entire platoon does not need to be destroyed; and it's just plain silly (or incomplete) that there is no indication.

In the Mission editor I noticed that your flight has a waypoint action: 'Search, then engage in zone' on the TGT waypoint. This zone encloses only the column. Telling your wingman to attack 'mission' will make him attack the column while not engaging anything else.

'Frett'

• 2 weeks later...

su-25 can carry a lot of weapons .like s-13 s-24 and more... so why just s-8 for missions !

It is a realism thing, S-8 was simply one of the most common weapons of the VVS. Look at historical pictures of Su-25 deployed with the Group of Soviet Forces in Germany, you will see a lot of B-8 pods. Pilots couldn't cherry pick their loadouts, they shot what was hung under their aircraft. And rockets were available in masses.

I think that it would actually be quite uncommon to task missions against ground maneuver units with the intent to cause its complete destruction. As a comparison, for artillery, the term "destruction" equates to causing 30% causality in the enemy unit. The idea that for a mission success, every enemy has to be eliminated, has been thought to simmers by 20 years of bad mission design. At least that is my opinion :)

It is a realism thing, S-8 was simply one of the most common weapons of the VVS. Look at historical pictures of Su-25 deployed with the Group of Soviet Forces in Germany, you will see a lot of B-8 pods. Pilots couldn't cherry pick their loadouts, they shot what was hung under their aircraft. And rockets were available in masses.

I think that it would actually be quite uncommon to task missions against ground maneuver units with the intent to cause its complete destruction. As a comparison, for artillery, the term "destruction" equates to causing 30% causality in the enemy unit. The idea that for a mission success, every enemy has to be eliminated, has been thought to simmers by 20 years of bad mission design. At least that is my opinion :)

+1 for that. As I've read most Su-25s are load with 4xB-8 pods or 4xFAB-250 (500) or S-24 unguided. Fancy laser guided munitions or advanced rockets were reserved only for very delicate targets (e.g. in the first Chechnya war only 3% of employed munitions was guided).

In the campaign I'm designing (A Huey, later Mi-8 campaign) I give credit for damaging vehicles to a certain % of health. I use triggers to make the unit respond to the damage (like stopping / AI off etc.)

'Frett'