Black shark still going

OutLaw51

Its still played and there are still servers that run it. The interesting thing is with the new BS2 and DCS world, you can also fly it with the a-10 and many other aircraft.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

yea the black shark is a fun helicopter pretty much all servers still have ka-50 tasks in them, since next to the a10 its the most capable ground combat vehicle in the game.

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BS2 in DCS World is amazing. I was a huge fan of Janes Longbow and this really gets me back into the heli-sim world like I never expected it to. It's not anything like the Apache but a whole lot of fun. I love the immersion of the fully click-able pit.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, it's still quite active! It's got a few bugs that haven't been touched in the last several patches, but they aren't game-breaking, and they should be addressed in the future.

You´re right... i hope so too... maybe in 2.9.7 ;-)

You can buy the upgrade, but you'll have to have BS1 installed any time you want to install BS2. I own BS2 only, but a lot of BS1 owners seem to think the upgrade version isn't worth the extra hassle.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

You can buy the upgrade, but you'll have to have BS1 installed any time you want to install BS2. I own BS2 only, but a lot of BS1 owners seem to think the upgrade version isn't worth the extra hassle.

Isnt this kind of a rather crappy money grab by the developers???

blackshark 2 has much better graphics, and capable of playing with all the other DCS games multiplayer... updated flight model, etc...

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why? people that already bought BS1 can buy an upgrade at reduced cost.

Since they already paid for a large part of the content in BS2.

People that buy full version of BS2 pay full price, cause they didn't already

pay for the full game.

I don't get the money grabbing part, its a good, sensible and fair deal for all involved.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Why? people that already bought BS1 can buy an upgrade at reduced cost.

Since they already paid for a large part of the content in BS2.

People that buy full version of BS2 pay full price, cause they didn't already

pay for the full game.

I don't get the money grabbing part, its a good, sensible and fair deal for all involved.

I meant because of the hassle of having to install TWO versions of Black Shark to be able to play.

A seller will sell you what ever he likes and will ask you whatever amount of money he likes you to pay.

It is about YOU if you choose to buy something.

If you want to blame someone, first you need to think about yourself.

Because after all, YOU are the one that have the choice of buying or not buying something :smilewink:

If you feel mistreated, most of the times is your own fault.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

A seller will sell you what ever he likes and will ask you whatever amount of money he likes you to pay.

Because after all, YOU are the one that have the choice of buying or not buying something :smilewink:

The only thing that is crappy about the upgrade is that it's is done in the absolute worst way possibly ever imagined.

Any sane game developer would go by key, not by if you have a program installed or not. The later is stupid to say the least.

I meant because of the hassle of having to install TWO versions of Black Shark to be able to play.

How else would he check if you already own BS1 ?

If a DEV wouldn't do that everyone would just buy the upgrade version, even though they don't own the software there upgrading.

Microsoft for example does the same whit there products. In order to install an upgrade you need to have what your upgrading installed.

(or in some cases, insert a disk into the disk drive or perform some other check)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

The only thing that is crappy about the upgrade is that it's is done in the absolute worst way possibly ever imagined.

Any sane game developer would go by key, not by if you have a program installed or not. The later is stupid to say the least.

I definitely agree with you.

My answare above was for a completely different reason than the one you write.

Just read his question and you will understand.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

If a DEV wouldn't do that everyone would just buy the upgrade version, even though they don't own the software there upgrading.

Microsoft for example does the same whit there products. In order to install an upgrade you need to have what your upgrading installed.

(or in some cases, insert a disk into the disk drive or perform some other check)

By my key? You know, the one that they already have on file on their servers? :megalol:

I dont feel mistreated. I just wont buy the product because I feel its too much of a hassle. Its their loss as well as mine, a simple thing such as a key check would eliminate all these problems and it would result in more happy customers, which results in more money for ED. Very simple.

I dont feel mistreated. I just wont buy the product because I feel its too much of a hassle. Its their loss as well as mine, a simple thing such as a key check would eliminate all these problems and it would result in more happy customers, which results in more money for ED. Very simple.

Other thing to propose a better solution to a problem and other to accuse someone of his job and way of taking money from you.

I am clearly with you on this but as a businessman myself, and because I think this is how it really works in business, the one that really needs to be careful is the customer.

The businessman already had his training on how to get your money so...everything is about you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

The upgrade doesn't even use the original installation. Having the upgrade ask for two serial numbers would be trivial.