Thank you ED

159th_Falcon

Great to see that the A10-A and my favorite attack plane, SU-25A have received some love.

And even there own Sub-forum

Question, was the flight model of the SU-25A adjusted? Particularly take-off?

It seems much more fluent now then in Flaming Cliffs iterations.

Which is a good thing.:thumbup:

Also nice that we now have working cockpit mirrors.

Meaning you can toggle them on-off in game. (its bound to the letter" M ")

Last question, how much $$$ for an full DCS level SU-25 A simulation?

:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

And the ability the lower (and the opposite) the glass thingy aiming sight whatsemitcallit.

Cetka>>>?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

It would be great to see a fully modelled SU-25.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

This lovely plane definitely deserved its own sub forum! ED are obviously busy with a lot of things right now but I hope, one day, that we will see a version with full DCS fidelity. It could be able to co-exist with the FC version as everything external would be the same.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I might even pick DCS Su25A over the F-18C.

Yesterday I had the most awesome flight simulator moment of my life. It was a multiplayer mission. I took of from Sochi, armed with rockets, bombs and guns. The plan was to fly south and attack the airport of Kutaisi, which was defended by a patriot and a hawk battery, as well as some SHORADS. After dodging about five Patriot missiles I dived down to my planned attack altitude (nap of earth). So I flew towards Kutaisi at maximum speed, dodged a Hawk on the way and prepared for the attack. I conducted multiple attack runs, dodging multiple IR SAM, but came to the conclusion that I need the depressable gunpods for effective low altitude attacks as I couldn't afford one moment out of cover.

So in the end I destroyed nothing and while I was busy watching my plane in F2 I climbed out of cover and was hit by a Stinger, which took out my elevator, causing the nose to pitch down rapidly. No time to eject, Boom! End of story. Only then I noticed I was literally shaking from excitement, my legs feeling heavy when I walked away from my desk. I probably wouldn't make a good real life attack pilot as the amount of adrenaline and shaking will cause structural damage even before I get hit.

Next time I take gunpods and stay in the cockpit to watch my altitude. I would never have done this in the A10C, but the Su-25 forces me to use strategies such as these. Absolutely awesome!

'Frett'

This is one of the most fun aircraft in the game at the moment, even without DCS fidelity. I have all modules of course, and they are all worth every penny :)

So true! I have all the modules except P-51 and have not even started learning them, because the Su-25T is so much fun :)

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Just a quick question as it was a very long time ago when I flew a Su25 (lomac ^^)... Why would you prefer the Su25 over the Su25t?

As it came with DCSW i gave it a try and definately agree, the Su25(t) is a fun to fly Aircraft (although I think its manouverability is somewhat crap). When I bought FC3 I didnt really care to try the Su25 as I already got used to the Su25t...

Su-25 VS T

A has better maneuverability

A has better speed and acceleration

A is a hands on plane, no AP

A is steam gauges only, no HUD

A has same payload as T except ARMS, Vikhr and optical guided munitions

So even though it can be a bit harder to use, its also more rewarding.

Your also kind of forced to play co-operatively whit others in it because finding targets on your own is hard.

So it promotes team play in a way.

And lastly, its the most fearsome bomb/rocket truck you will see over the crimea for a while to come.:pirate:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

I think you guys might of convinced me to get FC3 to get the CY-25... Thanks a lot, robbed me of my $50.

You could just buy the Su-25A for $15 as a standalone if you don't want to spend 50 bucks.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would be fantastic to have DCS:Su-25A with fully clickable cockpit. Maybe it wouldn't be that hard to do (compared to A-10C or F/A-18C), because as I read advanced engines' models are there, actuator models are there, hydraulics are there, weapon control system is modeled to some degree, RSBN could maybe be used from Beczl's Mig-21Bis. AFM, 3D 6DOF cockpit and advanced 3D external model are all there.

Correct name - "Su-25", not with "A" postfix.

Мы - не русские, мы - русы!

Великая Тартария - Империя Русов http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL3KUQc8auo

Что делаТЬ - мягкий знак нужен.

Что делаеТ(сделаеТ) - мягкий знак НЕ нужен.

В глаголах после Ч и Ш на конце мягкий знак всегда ставится.