Skins and other problems in DCS Ka50

Friedric and I have been flying together and we have a couple problems we can't solve. The first one is the skin problem. I've tried downloading a new version of the ka-50_general.zip but that only fixed part of the problem. I've also tried to combine some of the files in the zip folder into one but that only got rid of the total orange skin but didn't fix the rotor blades, pilot an some of the other objects. I know that the skins can vary due to who wrote the mission so this one is called "Sanbox". **SKIN PROBLEM SOLVED**

screen_DCS_skin.jpg

Second problem is with the radio. We're both on the same frequency and the correct one for the airbase but I as flight lead can communicate with the tower but Friedric can not.

Edited by 75th-VFS-Striker

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes the skins where strange we cant seem to solve this .

It was on the sandbox mission .

Also for the radio if i hit backslash i get the highlight of the airfield i where at and also the correct MHZ was correct. But when i hit request for taxi i hear the pilot voice but scottyman dont hear my pilot voice and i dont get any reply back . ALso in controls menu when i go to KA 50 game controls i can asign the key to my warthog but in Ka 50 sim i canot asign it to warthog only to my saitek rudders ??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I/JG53_Friedric

Also Friedric explained to me that he has a German keyboard and he can not assign the keyboard or joystick to the SPU-9PTT in the keyboard settings which is normally set to "Ralt+\". In "game" mode it's there but not in "sim" mode. He has a HOTAS Warthog control with Saitek Combat Pro Pedals. What's weird is that the command can be assigned to any of the axis in the rudder pedals. He asked me to post this as he wasn't sure how to post it in English.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

**SKIN PROBLEM FIXED**

OK, I was able to fix the skin problem. Friedric, I'll explain to you how to fix it on Thursday or you can do it yourself if you want to. It turns out that my ka-50_general.zip file had been the wrong one. Fortunately DCS World makes a backup of the file and it's easy to replace. I just used the oldest version to roll back to and it worked fine.

It can be found here in the game backup folders:

Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\_backup.000\Bazar\World\ka-50_general.zip

(your backup folders might be number differently)

Copy it into this folder (overwrite the other one as it's corrupt anyhow):

Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\World\textures

If you don't have any of the DCS backup folders here's a copy of mine. It's an unmodified version from the last module update.

KA 50 General Textures File

Edited by 75th-VFS-Striker
  • Like 1

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]