second monitor, different resolution, left sided

so basically im trying to setup my second monitor to have the A10Cs MFCDs and the KA-50s screens on my second screen, but from what ive been able to find on google or on the forum it states i need to have my second screen on the right side in windows. for me this is not an option so im wondering if anyone knows any work-arounds for this.

here is my monitor setup

left side a 21 inch 1440x900 display | right side 23,5 inch 1920x1080 display

TL DR i just want the screens from the A10C and the KA-50 on my left display

You can have the second monitor on the right within windows and just physically place it to the left of your primary. Perhaps that will work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

You can have the second monitor on the right within windows and just physically place it to the left of your primary. Perhaps that will work.

correct i know this, but physically the monitor is on my left and since DCS is not the only thing i use the second monitor for this is just not an option

See Shkval+Abris on second monitor. With the help of PeterP, I got it working in no time. I'm not sure whether SoftTH is going to work with the current release of DCS World (I've abandoned my Dual Monitor setup a long time ago), but I guess it's worth a try. :thumbup:

i am attempting this right now but at the moment im having a problem trying to find the Camera+Abris_Shkval.lua can anyone point me to it because windows isnt finding it through search and i cant be arsed to go on a wild goose chase clicking every folder in my DCS dir

nvm found it and got it to work on the KA-50

Edited by Sefiris

now a quick follow-up question though since the KA50 and A10c's MFCD sizes are different is there a way that i can get one profile to work for both without the MFCD in the a10 being warped or is that just impossible with the current state that DCS is in?

for anyone wondering this is how i temporarely fixed it with the help of yurgon

downloaded and installed the D3D9.dll from this

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=71710

used parts of this code

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84985

and for anyone wondering how to do it with a similar setup these are the ones that i use in my

DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup

Camera+A-10C MFCDs left.lua

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('A-10C MFCDs on the left');
Description = 'Abris and Shkval on the left monitor, camera on the right'
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 1440;
         y = 0;
         width = 1920;
         height = 1080;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1.6;
    }
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
    x = 0;
    y = 176;
    width = 720;
    height = 720;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
    x = 720;
    y = 176;
    width = 720;
    height = 720;
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Camera+Abris_Shkval.lua

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('Shkval/Abris + Camera');
Description = 'Abris and Shkval on the left monitor, camera on the right'
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 1440;
         y = 0;
         width = 1920;
         height = 1080;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1.6;
    }
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
    x = 640;
    y = 176;
    width = 640;
    height = 480;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
    x = 0;
    y = 176;
    width = 640;
    height = 829;
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

i am attempting this right now but at the moment im having a problem trying to find the Camera+Abris_Shkval.lua can anyone point me to it because windows isnt finding it through search and i cant be arsed to go on a wild goose chase clicking every folder in my DCS dir

nvm found it and got it to work on the KA-50

The file I had used in the referenced thread was one of the pre-existing configuration files in BS2 standalone (before BS2 became a module for DCS World).

With DCS World, the file path to these config files is probably something like this (Win 7, in my case):

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup

now a quick follow-up question though since the KA50 and A10c's MFCD sizes are different is there a way that i can get one profile to work for both without the MFCD in the a10 being warped or is that just impossible with the current state that DCS is in?

Sorry, can't help you with that.

Do I understand correctly that you've got it (mostly) working? In that case, congratulations. :)