TrackIR 5 Issue with Y axis

Jeesus

Hey fellow Sim Fanatics!

I have a strange issue with my TIR5 and I was wondering if anybody has similar problems. Basicly what happens is when I'm tilting my head towards the "horizon" (neutral pitch angle) just before I reach 0 pitch I got a slight jump (instantaneous ly from 1, 3 to 0, 5 value) on the Y axis which is the vertical placement of your head in the 3D space. It has nothing to do with the curves because the "grey head" natural movement also shows it.

Any ideas about it would be appreciated because it annoying like hell. THANKS.

If I was unclear I will post a video about it as soon as I will have broadband instead of 3G again :)

TrailBlazer

Have you checked to see what the camera is seeing? That does sound bizarre and, in my experience, most (but certainly, not all) bizarre behavior can be traced to stray light sources confusing the camera.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Have you checked to see what the camera is seeing? That does sound bizarre and, in my experience, most (but certainly, not all) bizarre behavior can be traced to stray light sources confusing the camera.

Well I didn't pay too much attention to it to be honest, but I was using it today for an extended period of time late afternoon which means changing lighting conditions and the problem was consistent. Also note that behind me ther us wall only with non reflective surface. In addition I have tried it with trackclip pro and with the reflector cap and same...

TrailBlazer

Sorry, it was a shot.

Hopefully someone else has run into this. I certainly haven't with mine.

If you haven't yet, I would certainly try a reinstall of the TIR software. Doesn't take long and couldn't hurt. Have you tried a different profile, just to rule out a corrupt profile messing with something?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Sorry, it was a shot.

Hopefully someone else has run into this. I certainly haven't with mine.

If you haven't yet, I would certainly try a reinstall of the TIR software. Doesn't take long and couldn't hurt. Have you tried a different profile, just to rule out a corrupt profile messing with something?

Well the software reinstall was taken into consideration, prolly will try it tomorrow. Tried all the profiles provided by default and my custom ones as well, maybe the placement of the unit is the problem or I dunno deeper investigation will be made tomorrow :)

TrailBlazer