Going to give up :( thx for the non existing support from ED

Newspeedy

hi guys,

with the 1.2.5 patch i think i'm going to give up on DCS, i bought a complete new system for this game and in 1.2.4 with some tweaks i got to a stable 30-60 fps unless i got a heli infront off me low flying and making groundsmoke then i got somethimes to 6-12 fps. but still enjoyed flying it.

now with the 1.2.5 patch i'm getting the same fps like on my old system :mad:

i only get to 10-14 fps now. it just feels like i wasted allot of money for DCS

Seems like DCS isn't using my pc power at all, just take a look at the picture.

Also, if you look on this topic with all the fps problems, it's only members trying to help each other and giving tips,... never a reply from ED :mad:

328737957_lowfps.thumb.jpg.21dc3deff1002c5500d2f82ea40c0b72.jpg

I've been playing all day. Single player mind you and instant action missions to get my feel back. But its running fine on my rig and its less of a beast than yours but is overclocked.

2600k at 4.8ghz

560ti's in SLI 3gb versions

8gb sub par ram

I also play single screen at 1080p with track IR I have no need for multiple screens on a 42 inch 120hz hdtv.

Edit... After another looks it seems your 7850 performs about the same as 1 560ti. I think this might be your problem.

Edited by aceflier

Bought a whole new rig for this game, and now your just quitting.

I have a laptop with half your power and it still runs DCS world fine, ED probably hasn't responded because they are aware of this problem and are trying to fix it for everyone, like was mentioned above. Have you tried emailing them with a support request directly?

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

Oh well, whenever I come across a "I quit because of ________" post like this, I say the same thing. Fine, quit. Go to some other developer who is trying to do what ED is doing with this, as well or better. And at no profit like ED

Oh wait. . .

Their aren't any?

Huh.

I'm feeling you.. I HAD fun hovering around with ppl online in the huey and now as soon as I have ONE chopper making dust in front of me I have to run away for FPS.. That ruined all the fun, about to learn how to fish.

I'm feeling you.. I HAD fun hovering around with ppl online in the huey and now as soon as I have ONE chopper making dust in front of me I have to run away for FPS.. That ruined all the fun, about to learn how to fish.

Wow...some member expect miracles..come on..some here have a lesser system and they hang on..giving up on it is just foolish to me..find a squad to join in with even if its just to chat..the more you get to know everyone the more they will help...its like that in real life..new kid on the block and no one talks to him..you have to make the first move..

I suggest join up on the Virtual Aerobatic's server and team speak there are more than enough there that will help out..plus they have Shahdoh's Race course..to boot...see if you can beat someones times...:thumbup:

Cheers cya around...

VTA-Doubel_D

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

NewSpeedy, I dont know how much you've check before buying your setup, but your AMD 7850 is more or less in theory the same performance as the GTX-560ti (post above, but SLI) in a "ordinary" D3D application, and i think that the CPU is more than enough, but what happens is that your 7850 is saturated in many situations while playing. I guess you have optimized all other aspects of your software and hardware. If i was you and didn't want to spend much more money. Sell the 7850 and get a GTX-480. I can't promise you, but 480 is a powerfull card even if little memory. May be to find cheap used too, but check if anyone else here have a strong optimized platform and a 480 to be sure!

Edited by xracer

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh well, whenever I come across a "I quit because of ________" post like this, I say the same thing. Fine, quit. Go to some other developer who is trying to do what ED is doing with this, as well or better. And at no profit like ED

Oh wait. . .

Their aren't any?

Huh.

Mister Ramsey, my biggest problem is lack off support i get from ED,

this is my Overall payments amount: $239.94, never buyed anything in discount! thats how i supported ED!!

but with there patched they say that they improved gameplay stability,... F... IT, now i can't play at all anymore!! so it's better to give up untill they bring a new patch.

NewSpeedy, I dont know how much you've check before buying your setup, but your AMD 7850 is more or less in theory the same performance as the GTX-560ti (post above, but SLI) in a "ordinary" D3D application, and i think that the CPU is more than enough, but what happens is that your 7850 is saturated in many situations while playing. I guess you have optimized all other aspects of your software and hardware. If i was you and didn't want to spend much more money. Sell the 7850 and get a GTX-480. I can't promise you, but 480 is a powerfull card even if little memory. May be to find cheap used too, but check if anyone else here have a strong optimized platform and a 480 to be sure!

these are the tests that i did before in 1.2.4 with Gpu's http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1813351&postcount=18

Wow...some member expect miracles..come on..some here have a lesser system and they hang on..giving up on it is just foolish to me..find a squad to join in with even if its just to chat..the more you get to know everyone the more they will help...its like that in real life..new kid on the block and no one talks to him..you have to make the first move..

I suggest join up on the Virtual Aerobatic's server and team speak there are more than enough there that will help out..plus they have Shahdoh's Race course..to boot...see if you can beat someones times...:thumbup:

Cheers cya around...

VTA-Doubel_D

Chill, just reporting my feelings mate :beer:

Newspeedy , don't despair. i'm sure we can help you on your prob.

My Specs. below

ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming

I5 9600K@4.5 Ghz.

32 Gb. G. Skill Rip Jaw V DDR4 @ 3200

MSI Gaming 1070 TI

Samsung 970 EVO+ NVME Pcie 500GB

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

OCZ 120GB vertex 2 SSD

Win10 64 Pro

TM Warthog

TM Cougar

Samsuny Odyssey +

CH Pro Pedals

ASUS 32" 2560X1440 Main

Samsung 23" LED/LCD 1920X1080

Corsair TX 850W

Corsair H100i GTX

HAF 932

Chill, just reporting my feelings mate :beer:

What????

I am of course chill...my post was nothing of out of text..just point out to be patient..you must be reading something between the lines I don't see...

I am just trying to be friendly and you tell me to " Chill " wow..so I got into your space..leaving it now..have fun...:doh:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

I'd Hardly call a Major Release Plus 2 Patches in 2 weeks Non Existent Support.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

these are the tests that i did before in 1.2.4 with Gpu's http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1813351&postcount=18

Yes, i see. I dont think it should be rocket science to figure out some possible improvements for you, but maybe then it could also be...I dont have the time to do much analysing since i take care of 2 small kids these days, but to find out how much object complexity drain you right now, spesifically planes like the A-10C and maybe others, If you have the A-10C, try this simple test: First settle for a graphics setting which is ok for you (not fps wise). Dont be greedy though :D. then try this mission (You dont need to fly any) http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108231, but load it into the ME and save it first as it was made for 1.2.4. I ran it just now and got 35 fps avg. with my current CPU speed and Gfx settings (pretty high). I think its good for some tests as it has very few variables every time you run it so when tweaking its quick to test what happens. See what value you get first in average and note. It could be that you get a quite low value on high settings. This mission dont have any other units apart from default on map. If you get a low value, what does that tell us? Well it tells us that if we have a mission with a few of these guys somewhere close and in the viewport, but not nessesarily see them then we are allready in trouble. So apart from buying a faster nivdia card there is a couple of things to look at. I guess you have tweaked the hel* out of the graphcis.lua? Try the mission with and without your graphcis.lua tweaks. I would bet you wont see much difference. But there is another way.

Path: \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\World\Shapes

File: a-10.lods

That is the key file to raise the general fps. And if adjusted correctly it should give you alot in that particular mission without loosing much eyecandy. You cant loose eyecandy which you dont see. I did tests on that way back and you need to understand the filecontents and especially how it works to tweak it right. I dont really understand it very well, but i just tried out values until i was on the right track. I used quite some time to get it more or less right so that everything looked good as far as i needed it to look good, but unfortunately i've lost the values after an upgrade and i dont need them now with my new card. You can do this for planes mostly and helps the more planes there is in a mission. Some planes like the F-16 its not possible, the full detail is drawn more or less all the way. Just play around with it and see if it helps. Not that much wasted time hopefully.

Good luck!

--

Edited by xracer

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Dont loose heart Speedy !

I have also taken a massive frame hit with the latest patch.

Just got to hope the next patch fixes things, I like DCS so much I am willing to stick with it, but more needs to be done by eagle dynamics, and I am sure they know it, but have a lot going on.

Until we get multi core support medium end pc's dont stand a chance, so we just need to be patient :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

To get rid of the FPS loss at low level, try this

Go to:

Bazar/Effects/PFX and then high, medium or low depending on which setting you're using (or just do all three) and rename this file:

smokecloud.pfx

To:

smokecloudOLD.pfx (Or back it up somewhere just in case, then delete it.)

Now run the game and see if that brings your frame rate back up to normal at low level..

Edited by Rider1

Newspeedy there's a quick solution to the hover dust lag, as I have same problem.

Simply delete: ...\DCS World\Bazar\Effects\PFX\high\smokecloud.pfx

and the hover dust will no longer be shown.

Just remember to delete it after you have applied a new patch.

i7 3770k 3.5 Ghz (OC 4.3 Ghz), 16 GB Ram, Radeon 7970, Win8 64-bit, CH Products Fighterstick + Pro Pedals + Pro Trottle, TrackIR 5