Subject: GAME WONT START

Discussion

QuoteFrom Sgt_Fresh at 26.07.2013 00:31:46

Error: Entry point not found

after start launch Icon is clicked.

I cannot play the game at all.

QuoteFrom Sgt_Fresh at 03.08.2013 00:43:42

HEY ANYTHING ON THIS???????

You did not include your ticket number, which will be needed if someone is to look into it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Would be also good to specify more details

pc specs (CPU, VGA, OS etc)

did you use default install path (if not then use reinstall using default path)

did you install using admin access (if not, install as admin)

did you modify any of the files or use old files from previous versions (if yes, repair DCS world and don't modify any files)

also try installing DCS world only... then if that works install module one by one and check if it works, you might find if one particular module gives this issue

also, you've been around here a while, you could figure out just checking forums for similar issue/solution and what info you need to give so others might help, and in lot of cases it just user error (either using old files or something as simple as that)

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

My apologies. I don't think either of us intended to imply any such thing.

You posted the content of your ticket without the number, an easy oversight. The moderator who tries to help with unanswered tickets needs the number to match your post with the ticket. You can PM the info to EtherealN and he will look into it.

The other information so that someone, who may have solved a similar problem, can try to help.

Most of us around here can't speak for ED but we can try to help.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Copy I should have included my system specs. I was beat trying to get the game to install for 3 hours.

My system specs:

OS Windows 7 64bit

i7-3770k @ 4.0 ghz

GPU msi 7970 (amd)

8gb Corsair DDR3 1600

HD Seagate 1TB 7200 rpm 64mb cache

AsRock z77 mb ob sound

Samsung 32 inch LED monitor @ 1920x1080

Games that run:

Lock on Modern Air Combat ubi original

Flaming Cliffs-2 (un-installed for DCS world)

DCS World SU25t

Call of Duty-3

IL2

Falcon BMS

Free Falcon

Wont run:

Combined arms

SU25

• Like 1

Need a little more detail on what the issue is. From the first post you state that the game wont run, from post 6 you state that DCS World runs, which is it?

Are you trying to install Combined Arms and the SU-25A and it is giving you that error from post 1 or do you get that error when you try running DCS World?

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Yeah, what Grimes said... start with DCS World only... does it install and run, if not what error message you get (screenshot would be good)

If DCS World runs fine specify what module(s) won't run, also which modules do you have installed? Do you have only Su-25A and CA or you have more and other modules run fine?

The more info you add the better idea we'll get what might be wrong... and let me remind you not to use any mods or old files into new install as they can and do break things.

No longer active in DCS...

When you launch DCS World, on the main screen do the CA and Su-25A icons on the main screen still have a dollar sign as part of the icon?

If CA still has a dollar sign next to it, download the attached file and extract the batch file to your DCS World install folder. Then run the attached batch file. This will tell the autoupdater to install Combined Arms. Once its done downloading, check your main DCS screen to see if CA is installed or not. You can also go into the module manager or mission selection to see if CA has files installed.

You can edit the batch file and change CA to Su-25 to do the same thing for the Su-25A.

install_CA.rar

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

PROGRESS!!!!!!

When you launch DCS World, on the main screen do the CA and Su-25A icons on the main screen still have a dollar sign as part of the icon?

If CA still has a dollar sign next to it, download the attached file and extract the batch file to your DCS World install folder. Then run the attached batch file. This will tell the autoupdater to install Combined Arms. Once its done downloading, check your main DCS screen to see if CA is installed or not. You can also go into the module manager or mission selection to see if CA has files installed.

You can edit the batch file and change CA to Su-25 to do the same thing for the Su-25A.

Thanks for the support, I got the game to run!