A10-A and gun

it seems that the gun is not use PAC anymore

is like you select the GUNARM mod

you fire the gun and the nose goes up

anyway to have it as it was before...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

so i don't see any reason to use the gun at that state with A10-A

plus that CBU 97's goes short on target

Edited by skouras

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

the gun of the A10 is well known for its size and accuracy

anyway whatever

thanks four your reply's by the way

The gun is tough to use on the A-10a. I don't have a reference point with A-10C. I think for the FC3 A-10A there should be some system to limit recoil or adjust for it. Maybe even for the A-10A since it is a simpler FC3 variant just to artificially reduce recoil force to simulate (without complexity) the A-10C complex compensaton systems. It is much more difficult to gun with the AFM and no recoil compensation system. Is this realistic?

I've used the A-10C without PAC, it's not that bad. You can probably trim the nose down a bit on the A. Hold the stick back and then release when you fire.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Is it realistic for the A-10a to have no compensation?

If you look on the canopy bow you'll see the PAC switch (precision attitude control) is in the off position. That's the system that deals with recoil compensation.

Next time you fire the gun, try to push the stick slightly forward the instant you start firing. I've found that the gun is quit controllable that way. (You don't need to over control, just a slight push forward exactly as the gun starts firing that you'd hold until you're finished shooting)

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

they should add a command shortcut for the PAC since they add AFM

trying to push the stick or trim the whole plane just to hit a target is not a solution

they should add a command shortcut for the PAC since they add AFM

trying to push the stick or trim the whole plane just to hit a target is not a solution

It would be cool if they add that feature.

I'll have to disagree with you on the last pont though, trimming the AC prior to firing or getting used to adjusting the stick when you start firing is the only solution right now. How do you suppose A-10 pilots handled the recoil prior to the PAC system?

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

I thought IRL A-10A doesn't have PAC?

It was just after the Gulf War that the A-10A received its first major upgrade: the Low-Altitude Safety Targeting Enhancement (LASTE) system. LASTE included an attitude stabilization system (PAC or Precision Attitude Control) to improve accuracy while firing that amazing gun, updated weapons computers, the distinctive fuselage-mounted Pave Penny laser sensor, and a Ground Collision Avoidance System (GCAS) lovingly referred to as the “Bitchin’ Betty”.

Attitude Control System (EAC)

The EAC system was one part of the LASTE update to the A-10A that provides an autopilot capability. EAC uses sensor data from the Embedded GPS INS (EGI) navigation system, the Central Air Data Computer (CADC) and the SAS, and then provides input into elevator and yaw as part of the SAS.

The EAC system provides two major FCS functions:

Precision Attitude Control (PAC)

. In PAC 1, pressing the trigger in Gun master mode will trim the

aircraft through SAS to keep the gun pipper on the target point.

Low Altitude Autopilot (LAAP)

. This includes the autopilot modes of Altitude/Bank Hold,

Altitude/Heading Hold, and Path Hold modes.

I think it wouldn't hurt anybody to add this to A-10A, even if it's just FC3 fidelity ;)

• 2 years later...
If you look on the left side of the window frame there is a switch for Gun PAC on the A10a. It looks like it was a retrofit the way its just bolted on there.

That's quite an old thread, bud.

For the issue: PAC is really active only when guns are selected stand alone: pressing C and the complex reticle shows up. (I believe there's some older thread on this being clarified)

Tested on the open beta build: 1.2.16.42796.8

Apparently no manual PAC switch on/off command on control settings as of last previous open beta build.