Which ED 'Development' are you most looking forward too?

Sharpe_95

Which ED 'Development' are you most looking forward too?  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Which ED 'Development' are you most looking forward too?

• Upgraded graphics Engine (EG: EDGE)
    • Improved/Updated legacy AI unit graphics (EG: New Reaper module)
    • Low Fidelity modules (EG: FC3 F15c or the Advanced Flight Models like FC3/AFM:A10a)
    • High Fidelity modern multi role aircraft (EG: F/A18c)
    • High Fidelity modern single role aircraft (EG: F15c)
    • High Fidelity 'classic' aircraft (EG: FW190 Dora)
    • Dynamic Campaign
    • Improved AI Operation/Interaction (EG: Improved ATC, CA Interactions, better AI unit behaviour etc)
    • New Maps (EG: Nevada)
    • Improved Mission Editor

Hi Guys,

For a bit of fun (and to get away from all the 1.2.5/poor stability talk) how about this:

I have tried to 'bundle up' and categorise ED's future developments that they have suggested they are working towards. Which are you most looking forward too?

Sorry for crude categorisations, but the list would be too long otherwise.

1. Upgraded graphics Engine (EG: EDGE)

2. Improved/Updated legacy AI unit graphics (EG: New Reaper module)

3. Low Fidelity modules (EG: FC3 F15c or the Advanced Flight Models like FC3/AFM:A10a)

4. High Fidelity modern multi role aircraft (EG: F/A18c)

5. High Fidelity modern single role aircraft (EG: F15c)

6. High Fidelity 'classic' aircraft (EG: FW190 Dora)

7. Dynamic Campaign

8. Improvements to AI operation/Interaction (EG: Improved ATC, CA Interactions, better AI unit behaviour etc)

9. New Maps (EG: Nevada)

10. Improved mission editor

-Sharpe

Edited by Sharpe_95
  • Like 1

First graphics need to be developed ! Then F/A-18C!

+1

Regards

Terrorvogel

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

Originally Posted by 141st_casper viewpost.gif

First graphics need to be developed ! Then F/A-18C!

LOL - Aw that's cheating - that's kinda like two votes :smilewink:

-Sharpe

Seems that we are twins (maybe Siamese???) which were seperated (cut) directly after birth - so we have the same thoughts at the (near) same time...smilewink.gif

Greetings to you lxvanwyk my lost brother and lot better "half"!!!

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

What's multi-threading anyone?

-Sharpe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multithreading_(software)#Multithreading

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Real graphic upgrade and more important true processor core divide!

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

You forgot Su-27 between your F-15 and F-18.

The game should have its bugs sorted out before even considering to do anything else.

Guys,

If I can kindly ask people to try and stick to topic, and the specific stuff ED has put on its development list. Obviously we all want a stable game - probably ED more than anyone. So lets take that as a given.

I don't think I have missed out SU-27. If they do it as a HiFI then it falls into the 'High Fidelity modern multi role aircraft' (I think its multi-role - if not replace 'multi role' with 'single role'). If they do it as a LoFi then it falls under the 'Low Fidelity modules' ticket.

E.g. means 'for example'. I am not putting aircraft up their as absolutes.

-Sharpe

Better AI is needed more than anything in my opinion, along with some dedicated server code.

Lol - P*Funk, another person 'cheating' with a vote and an aside :smilewink:

Man I wish there was an option to make the poll like a 'pick your top three' I think it would have said a lot more than to get people to pick 1 thing only.

As others are doing it, I shall break my own rule and put my top three in :music_whistling:

1+2) F/A18c and EDGE - don't mind in what order so long as they are close together.

3) Dynamic campaign (very narrowly ahead of improved AI etc)

^ Do ya see what I did there :doh:

Not that I wouldn't take most of what's on that list if it all came at the same time (coming to a DCSW near you some time soon) :pilotfly:

-Sharpe

Screw the graphics, content is what matters... So bring on the multirole fidelity pls... :D

Asus z170 motherboard; Intel i5-6600K OCd to 4,5GHz; Corsair 32GB DDR4 3000MHz; ASUS Cerberus 1070 Ti; Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD; Schiit Valhalla 2 headphone amp w/ Bifrost multibit DAC and Sennheiser 650 headphones; HP Reverb; Saitek x65-F; TrackIR5

To me most important are these three things:

1.) A faster modern day jet, with A2A capability (or simply a multi-role fighter).

2.) At least one other map, favorably the Nevada map to have a new terrain to explore and to divide between training areas (e.g. Nevada) and campaign/combat areas (Black sea area). I find it odd to imagine having training flights in American aircrafts like the P51 or A-10 on airports which (probably) no one in Europe/America has ever heard before (Sukhumi-Kolkhi, Kobuleti etc.) - well, except those military pilots that operated there during the Kosovo war and after.

3.) A better AI, with better behavior for formation flying and group maneuvers.

I really cannot vote in this poll, since it's all good. I mean:

Graphics - Sure! Better graphics with better performance is always good.

AI graphics - Yes, It's 2013 and those low poly models are obsolete.

Aircraft - The more the merrier. More aircraft = more money for ED. Low fidelity/high fidelity, it's all fun and it's something for everyone.

Dynamic campaign - Absolutely, great improvement.

AI behavior - Yes, I want my wingman to be more than just SAM bait.

New maps - Obviously

Improved mission editor - If I could have undo button, I would be so happy!

I don't want to fly buggy aircraft with great graphics just like I don't want high fidelity aircraft in obsolete, poorly optimized engine. We need all of it, not just cherry-pick one feature.

What I want the most are "classic" aircraft. While WW2 aircraft are just fine and dandy -- I will buy them, I am thoroughly enjoying the UH-1 and can't wait to get my hands on the MiG-21bis. F-86/MiG-15 will be great. But what I really want most is a full DCS F-4 Phantom, preferably a US Vietnam era variant, but I understand a late F-4E makes more sense given the MiG-21bis and the existence of the AI F-4E.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]