[DCS World - A10-C] - RWR Audio Expansion

Hey,

Where can I actually find the code for FC3 avionics? It's not in the mods folder and the scripts folder doesn't seem to contain it either.

I'm also looking for a way to use this excellent mod in FC3 aircrafts :thumbup:.

EDIT:

Think I found something in the database section...

EDIT2:

Does not include the definitions for the western FC3 RWR. It would be nice if you can create a new system, namely the ALR69, for FC3 aircrafts.

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

Hey,

Where can I actually find the code for FC3 avionics? It's not in the mods folder and the scripts folder doesn't seem to contain it either.

I'm also looking for a way to use this excellent mod in FC3 aircrafts :thumbup:.

EDIT:

Think I found something in the database section...

EDIT2:

Does not include the definitions for the western FC3 RWR. It would be nice if you can create a new system, namely the ALR69, for FC3 aircrafts.

that would be awesome

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

I still can't find where the FC3 avionics code is...

Might be hidden within a .dll, if so that we're stumped (hope i'm wrong!)

From what GGTharos mentioned that is sadly the current issue, there are no LUA hooks for the RWR in the FC3 code, so accessing anything via script at the moment is not possible. I think we will most probably have to ask/wait for ED to add that, if they do intend to at some point.

Tetra, any more updates you are thinking on this right now, or is this a pretty good version for now?

I want to redownload this V3 from the original you had, and then tweak in my little sound twirks in there afterwards, like missile threat warning to a more aggressive missile warning tone. As I currently have it set up is pretty damn good as you heard from the long video I posted in the other thread, but it seems like you made a few changes since then.

Hi Ralfi, yeah version 3.0 should be good for a while. I think I now have everything in place script wise so I will most likely from now on just be tweaking sound files and releasing them as partial updates with V3.0 as the base. (for example 3.1, 3.2 etc. for V3.0).

So after you install V3 all you would need to do for any future updates is overwrite the affected sound files without having to install it all again from scratch. I won't be changing missile warning or anything so your tweaks shouldn't be affected after you have changed V3 to your liking. For any future updates I will list exactly which sound files have changed so you can decide if it will change anything you have tweaked and avoid those files when updating etc.

Edited by Tetra

Need a bit of input from anybody with some good knowledge of the missile systems in DCS world. Just noticed that it would also be possible to add specific cues for some of the missiles. The AN/ALR69 script currently lists the following:

MICA_R_
P_27AE_
P_77_
P_37_
AIM_54_
AIM_120_
AIM_120C_

Are all of these missile types active guidance? I take it that they are to be listed in the script, but I just wanted to check first to be sure. Huge thanks for any input.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to V3.1:

• Added audio cues for all active radar guided missiles

DOWNLOAD

RAE MOD v3.1

Full mod, all files.

DropBox - RAE MOD (V3.1) FULL

RAE MOD v3.1 UPDATE ONLY

3.1 update files for those who have already installed v3.0. Overwrite original installed files with those found in the update folder.

DropBox - RAE MOD (V3.1) UPDATE ONLY

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good idea.

I did same thing some time ago, i used sounds from Falcon.

There was also SA-8 long beep RWR sound in DCS files that was not used anywhere.

DCS A-10C is only for enthertaiment??? Not for me.

JDAM manual is classyfied??? Not for me.

Lies sounds like a truth??? Not for me.

Knowlege is for kids??? Nope, its for me.

And i have a idea, i will change the active radar missiles symbol from M to R.

This will make visible difference between active radar guided ones and other ones. It will be easier to determinate whitch type of missile is coming at me.

DCS A-10C is only for enthertaiment??? Not for me.

JDAM manual is classyfied??? Not for me.

Lies sounds like a truth??? Not for me.

Knowlege is for kids??? Nope, its for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great mod Tetra, thanks for your work.

By the way; I think "F-15E" is added in v1.2.7

I don't know maybe there're more differences...

Just wanted to let you know.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068