Su-25 maneuver flaps position

What is the maneuver flaps position used for in Su-25T? Are you supposed to use the no flaps position for transit and maneuver when engaging targets? Is it really useful?

Edited by Gloom Demon

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Maneuver flaps position?

You mean just the first flaps down position right?

There is only flaps down, up and landing position so if you mean when do you use any flaps during flight other than landing? Well I have used them sometimes when caught too low and too slow and too heavy to do much about it but flaps down and full throttle can save your arse from that mistake and once back up to speed you must remember to raise them to prevent damage to the system.

If you want to operate on the slow side within flap limits you could use them to give you more time to line up a target on your inbound approach but just be careful to remember they are down as you'll no doubt go full throttle and turn to exit the danger area and again you can easily exceed safe flap speed limit and cause damage.

I prefer to use the speed break instead and have the throttle higher in anticipation when making an attack run.

Cheers.

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

Maneuver flaps Su-25T

GD,

Maneuver flaps are just that, for maneuvering

On the 25T they are needed for your dive into a target and your pullout after firing your missiles

There is no speed limit on the maneuver flaps

They will cause greater shaking in high speed but no perm damage

The 25T is a heavily wingloaded aircraft and needs the maneuver flaps most of the time for better handling and precision turns and targeting

you will find the auto pilot flies better with them extended also

the only time i pull them in is when i want to save fuel on a long flight or when i want to pullout all the stops on speed ... other than that on the 25T i keep the maneuver flaps out especially in combat situations!

:yes:

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 7700K, Win-8.1(wufuc), DCSW OB, FC3, CA, PG-map, Syria-map, Normandy-map, WWII-assetspack, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, Mi-8MTV2, BS2,

The 25T is a heavily wingloaded aircraft and needs the maneuver flaps most of the time for better handling and precision turns and targeting

I'd say that's only true if you're wallowing around at low speed. If you fly at a reasonable speed, and with a realistic loadout, you don't need to fly round with the flaps extended :)

Cheers.