Help on Mission 4#

Hammer69

Hi people i'm new here, but i've been flying the Huey on this particular mission 4# (Race Against Time) more than 10 times..reason. I do not know how end this.

After turning it to autopilot, I turned the ADF to 353 (it's the compass dial in front, am I correct??)...THEN what?? I fly to that direction to where please? :( ..it says to "Chkpoint 14" if I remember. Where is that? There's only chkpoint 13 which was where I picked up the casualty.

I try landing at the two airports (one large and one small) around there. I've tried landing back at base - nothing happened! :music_whistling: . Pls somebody help..I've been stucked with this mission for a looong time, not knowing what else to do. Have I missed anything? Give me location, I wanna getta hell out of here and move on. Thanks yo!:thumbup:

Hi people i'm new here, but i've been flying the Huey on this particular mission 4# (Race Against Time) more than 10 times..reason. I do not know how end this.

After turning it to autopilot, I turned the ADF to 353 (it's the compass dial in front, am I correct??)...THEN what?? I fly to that direction to where please? :( ..it says to "Chkpoint 14" if I remember. Where is that? There's only chkpoint 13 which was where I picked up the casualty.

I try landing at the two airports (one large and one small) around there. I've tried landing back at base - nothing happened! :music_whistling: . Pls somebody help..I've been stucked with this mission for a looong time, not knowing what else to do. Have I missed anything? Give me location, I wanna getta hell out of here and move on. Thanks yo!:thumbup:

The ADF is NOT the HSI (compass rose on the front panel)! Google search for "dcs huey ADF navigation " should pop multiple videos showing how to navigate. :thumbup:

In that mission you need to tune in to the beacons frequency 353, and when near it spot the checkpoint (smokemarker) if you still have trouble post here...

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hi Shagrat! Thanks sooo much. Yep I tuned in the ADF and off I went. I was a bit worried though, it took a while to reached the rendezvous point. I don't want the casualty to die and thus , start the mission again!! Hahah. But thanks for saving me with the info on ADF.

The ADF is NOT the HSI (compass rose on the front panel)! Google search for "dcs huey ADF navigation " should pop multiple videos showing how to navigate. :thumbup:

In that mission you need to tune in to the beacons frequency 353, and when near it spot the checkpoint (smokemarker) if you still have trouble post here...

Thanks! Got it, I'm out!:thumbup: