Station 6

Modulus

On the A-10C in the sim, why can't you mount anything other than a fuel tank on station 6?

I've seen photos of the A-10C with a Mk-82 mounted on station 6.

Also on the A-10A you can mount ordinance on station 6.

*Security*!!!! <- the reason!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I thought the A-10 could carry multiple ejector racks in ctr stations too ? Max in the sim is TER ?

MERs are not authorised on the A-10C. Carridge of a TER on 6 is authorised, but ONLY for BDU-33.

As far as loading x or y being "possible", well yeah. An ejector rack is an ejector rack, and they are the same on every NATO aircraft (heavy/light duty aside). You can physically hang any NATO store or suspension equipment on any NATO aircraft. It just isn't permitted from an airworthiness/operational aspect.

As for stn 6 in DCS, iirc, it was a game design descision based on the fact that DCS can't currently prevent loading of certain stores depending in what else is loaded on other stations.

You can, IRL, load any single free fall weapon apart from 1760 stores (IAMs) on 6. Basically with the exception of IAMs, and TERs, you can load the same on 6 as you can on 5 or 7.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Anything that can be loaded on 5 and 7 can be loaded on 6. But like Jonas33 said if you load 6 you cant load 5 and 7.

However you will very rarely see STA 6 loaded. Think of it this way why load one bomb on 6 when you can load 2 bombs, 1 each on 5 and 7.

And the six MAV config is authorized, just never used.

Anything that can be loaded on 5 and 7 can be loaded on 6. But like Jonas33 said if you load 6 you cant load 5 and 7.

However you will very rarely see STA 6 loaded. Think of it this way why load one bomb on 6 when you can load 2 bombs, 1 each on 5 and 7.

And the six MAV config is authorized, just never used.

I just picked up this book http://www.amazon.com/Thunderbolt-Operation-Enduring-Freedom-Aircraft/dp/1780963041 and saw a few pictures with station 6 loaded. That's why I was asking about it. I guess it would make sense to load station six if you wanted something like a single MK 84 or some other 2000lb ordinance without throwing the load balance off. Is there a script or a config file that control what's allowable on each station? I might want to look into modding it just for fun.

As for stn 6 in DCS, iirc, it was a game design descision based on the fact that DCS can't currently prevent loading of certain stores depending in what else is loaded on other stations.

Actually the code already is in the sim and in use with the P-51D. Example:

{ CLSID = "{DT75GAL}",connector = "PYLON_4_B",arg = 308,arg_value = 0.5 , forbidden = {{station = 5, loadout = {"{HVAR}"}}}},

Pylon 4 75gal droptank loadout, when selected forbids the HVAR rocket to be loaded onto station 5. Pretty simple actually.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I just picked up this book http://www.amazon.com/Thunderbolt-Operation-Enduring-Freedom-Aircraft/dp/1780963041 and saw a few pictures with station 6 loaded. That's why I was asking about it. I guess it would make sense to load station six if you wanted something like a single MK 84 or some other 2000lb ordinance without throwing the load balance off. Is there a script or a config file that control what's allowable on each station? I might want to look into modding it just for fun.

From my dealings with 84s we just hung one opposite the TGP so STA 5 if the TGP was on STA 10.

As for the script you should be able to just copy STA 5/7 to STA 6 .

Easy enough with some lua changes.

But it will indeed break compatibility with some (most?) online servers.

coin.png~original

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro