DCS and Skype? Performance issues

martinistripes

I'm having FPS issues with 1.2.5.15865. I load instant action dogfight for Su-25T. Frame rate begins mid to high 50s, game plays beautiful. Then I start getting drops down to 15 FPS for approximately 4 seconds at a time before it returns to high 50s again (for approx. 5 - 10 seconds).

Things I tried:

Closing all background programs

Disabling FFB in options

Closing TrackIR software

Playing without a controller

Flying straight without turns

All made no difference. :( Anyone else got this or is it likely a glitch with my system/install?

Can a moderator kindly change my thread title or move my post to a a similar thread. I incorrectly thought a Skype background process was causing the issue.

Edited by martinistripes

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Nice catch just stopped mine..:thumbup:

I'm having FPS issues with 1.2.5.15865. I load instant action dogfight for Su-25T. Frame rate begins mid to high 50s, game plays beautiful. Then I start getting drops down to 15 FPS for approximately 4 seconds at a time before it returns to high 50s again (for approx. 5 - 10 seconds).

Things I tried:

Closing all background programs

Disabling FFB in options

Closing TrackIR software

Playing without a controller

Flying straight without turns

All made no difference. :( Anyone else got this or is it likely a glitch with my system/install?

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Okay thanks...haven't tried it out yet..will keep posted if I get a different sort of change..:music_whistling:

I really thought it was Skype. It seemed to help, but the drop to 15 just took longer to occur.

[/Table]

Okay thanks...haven't tried it out yet..will keep posted if I get a different sort of change..:music_whistling:

Are you getting similar FPS drops though? When you're on next, could you try instant action dogfight and let me know.

Lowest it dropped too .. was 18 fps..but steady at 27fps..so for me looks as though a bit of improvement..

Are you getting similar FPS drops though? When you're on next, could you try instant action dogfight and let me know.

[/Table]

Thanks for that. So it seems to be something with my setup.

Really no idea what's causing this. Now I've tried Repair DCS and also disconnecting from the internet. Still getting 50s fps down to 15 fps instant action dogfight and 30 - 40 fps down to 9 fps in campaign missions. The drops only occur for a few seconds then it jumps back up again. It's almost like something in the background is periodically stealing all resources from DCS. Looking at the Processes list in task manager, I'm pretty sure there's not much else I can close; it all looks like regular system related stuff.

:helpsmilie:

may not be your system..I found when I look certain ways during the dogfight my fps drops..like looking into the sun or certain ground objects..the sim takes alot of resources during operation....:thumbup:

Thanks for that. So it seems to be something with my setup.

Really no idea what's causing this. Now I've tried Repair DCS and also disconnecting from the internet. Still getting 50s fps down to 15 fps instant action dogfight and 30 - 40 fps down to 9 fps in campaign missions. The drops only occur for a few seconds then it jumps back up again. It's almost like something in the background is periodically stealing all resources from DCS. Looking at the Processes list in task manager, I'm pretty sure there's not much else I can close; it all looks like regular system related stuff.

:helpsmilie:

[/Table]

may not be your system..I found when I look certain ways during the dogfight my fps drops..like looking into the sun or certain ground objects..the sim takes alot of resources during operation....:thumbup:

It's not that. It happens regardless of where I'm looking. Anyway, it seems I'm not alone since this thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=110442 appears to be about the same thing.

I think it's just going to be a case of waiting for the next update...