[SOLVED] Updating failing @ 1200 MB crash, message "Su-25T" bug

D4n

This is what I get in order...

Maybe I should mention here that I have the feeling that some update lately made sth. bad since I now have (since one month or so) TWO "Eagle Dynamics" folders, ONE in "Programs" and other one in "Programs (x86) "

the normal "programs" folder contains all the "DCS World" stuff (strange enough there are "_backup.000" up to "006" folders in there),

and the "programs x86" contains "LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2"...

To tell you, I own Lock On + Flaming Cliffs 2 (Platinum), then bought FC3 and last bought Black Shark 2... issues? :( Click "show" on spoiler to see the four images in shown order...

CRASH.png

Edited by DanielNL
FIXED!!
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Call up Task Manager and see if there is a process called dcs_updater (or something similar, not perfectly sure how the task is named), if there is, stop it and try to run the update again as administrator.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Nvm, I checked out the named file and it was write-protected... -.- :P

un-ticked the box, now all fine! :D

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

The two folders are alright. The x86 is from Lock On Platinum.

As Sobek said the issue most likely is caused by permissions. Go to the START MENU > All programs > Eagle Dynamics > DCS World then RIGHT click on Update DCS World and select "Run as Administrator" (German: "Als Administrator ausführen")... now the updater should be able to write the files.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thx for the quick help, lads, but updater works fine here on Win 7 64 bit updater without running admin, it just asks at some point for admin rights (with some specific code, I bet windows code "$$SRCFNOTIFY?=00305035" or such stuff xD

So, moderator (forum) can now edit topic title to "[sOLVED] ..." or "[FIXED]..." and everything fine... ! ;) Cya guys in one of those two events maybe, huh ?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1819395#post1819395

What about them? ! ;) 8)

much thx again!!