FC3 options/ COCKPIT LANGUAGE doesn't work

fitness88

In the gameplay tab there is option:

COCKPIT LANGUAGE: English, Russian options doesn't work.

When I choose English option I still hear only Russian ATC and Betty? In Russian planes there should still be the choice of language.

What then is this option for?

Thank you

in the Ka-50 I think that option is referring to the text and labels that are on the buttons and switches in the pit....not the language of the aircrews.....

.....I dont own lock-on so i'm not sure if its the same....or if thats really what its for in the first place.....just a shot in the dark.....

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

in the Ka-50 I think that option is referring to the text and labels that are on the buttons and switches in the pit....not the language of the aircrews.....

.....I dont own lock-on so i'm not sure if its the same....or if thats really what its for in the first place.....just a shot in the dark.....

Well, by the fact that this thread has been moved to:

ED Forums » English » Lock On » General Discussion » Bugs and Problems » FC3 options/ COCKPIT LANGUAGE doesn't work

This would indicate it is a bug/problem.

from the manual

 Cockpit Language. If the flown aircraft has advisory messages in both English and Russian, this options allows you to choose which to hear.

so...the way I interpret this..."IF" means not all aircraft are build with english bettys.....if the airframe you are flying was never designed to have a multi language betty then you are stuck hearing it in the native language till some one makes a mod for it....

amazing what I can learn from reading the manual

once again...I dont own lock on and that line I quoted was from DCS:world user manual....so this may be the second wrong answer for you.....

PS just because a moderate move the thread, doesn't make something a bug, it just means they are trying to keep the forums organized.......although you are having a problem, and it is called bugs/problems....not just Bugs....

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

• 3 weeks later...
from the manual

 Cockpit Language. If the flown aircraft has advisory messages in both English and Russian, this options allows you to choose which to hear.

so...the way I interpret this..."IF" means not all aircraft are build with english bettys.....if the airframe you are flying was never designed to have a multi language betty then you are stuck hearing it in the native language till some one makes a mod for it....

amazing what I can learn from reading the manual

once again...I dont own lock on and that line I quoted was from DCS:world user manual....so this may be the second wrong answer for you.....

PS just because a moderate move the thread, doesn't make something a bug, it just means they are trying to keep the forums organized.......although you are having a problem, and it is called bugs/problems....not just Bugs....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution found:

Gentlemen all you need to do is go to:C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Sounds\Speech\Sound

delete or rename the RUS folder...DCS will automatically use the ENG folder.

Mustang gave me this info.