Error Messages on TM Warthog throttle/joystick

All of a sudden yesterday the throttle and joystick for the TM warthog system stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything, but got the same error messages that are attached. I have no idea what to do next or what the messages even mean.

sobe

error message.doc

error message 2.doc

error message 3.doc

Edited by sobe
attachments

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

All of a sudden yesterday the throttle and joystick for the TM warthog system stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything, but got the same error messages that are attached. I have no idea what to do next or what the messages even mean.

sobe

I'd run a virus check first.

Something on your system changed and especially as you reinstalled the thrustmaster stuff already, it must be something else on your system. One error message says something about the font "Arial" that would not support the "Regular" style - which sounds very odd to me ...

So, something really strange is happening there - run a virus check / malware check. Then ... well, we will see...

Good luck!

ran a virus check and nothing found.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hmmm... Looks like you could be having an issue with the (TMWinService) Thrustmaster FAST service perhaps. Try sending the error messages to TM and see what they say.

Take a read here http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3173374/2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I had this problem a couple of weeks ago. I uninstalled and then re-installed the TM TARGET software but it kept saying the service could not be started when I tried to use the TARGET GUI. I solved it by uninstalling it again and then, using regedit, making sure this following registry key was deleted:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TmWinService

I then restarted my computer. I installed the software again, MAKING SURE TO UNPLUG ALL THE THRUSTMASTER HARDWARE BEFORE INSTALLING IT. Once installed I restarted the computer and THEN plugged the throttles and joystick back in.

No longer had the service not starting problem which i confirmed by looking at my list of services. See attached photo. The TM service is running ok at computer start up.

Maybe worth a try.

Regards,

Milli

Services.thumb.jpg.cda364b5e45df924b15d3740d3aa60f2.jpg

The problem turned out to be a corrupted font in the windows/fonts folder. The solution was simply to get a copy of the corrupted fonts from another computer and paste them into the fonts folder in Windows.

Wow. It's amazing how something completely unrelated (you would think) to flight sim equipment could cause such a problem,eh?

Thanks for sharing the answer Sobe.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Wow. It's amazing how something completely unrelated (you would think) to flight sim equipment could cause such a problem,eh?

Dealing with things like this is a prime example of why IT folks are a little odd. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Don't you just hate computers sometimes. how in the hell do you corrupt a font? And why would it only cause problems for the hotas...

I swear, sometimes it feels like these guys are becoming self aware and just screwing with us :)

Maybe it's time you drop yours into some liquid lava :)