Mission Triggers not working

GC1993

Hi all,

NONE of the activation triggers seem to be working in my missions that I've created in the editor. Everything was functional until 1.2.5, and then ED acknowledged there was a plane activation trigger fault.

This fault was said to be addressed in the hotfix, which I downloaded, yet now my group activation triggers are completely inactive, even ground unit ones.

I've checked the trigger details (I know sometimes updates cause the group ID's to be shuffled around making the triggers not valid) but they're the same - so I just don't know what to do.

Any help/feedback is very welcome.

I will attach a mission with several triggers for anyone to look at.

Thanks.

Hostage.miz

Your group activation triggers rely on conditions that were not fully fixed yet. Simple as that. The next fix might resolve those issues.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• ED Team

Does campaign missions suffer with this issue, too? Because sometimes it seems to be OK and next time nothing. In 1.2.4 it was OK as far as I know.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

The next fix might resolve those issues.

Maybe yes, maybe no,

Maybe rain, maybe snow...

How I love this EDlogy you adopted there ... sounds just like my daily job... :music_whistling:

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

• 2 weeks later...

After hours and days of setting up missions..mission triggers that cause the flow of events..A closely orchestrated chain of events to try and produce a decent mission with this product...just to come back to it and find it more broken than the time befor..now we find that not only is it not backward compatiable..it's not forward compatable..just a rant of a mission maker that spent countless hours in the mission making department just to find it more and more broken...I quit!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mojeaux, are you encountering another bug currently or are you just ranting that this all happened? If its the former then I need more information to be able to get it fixed. If its the latter, believe me you weren't the only one frustrated with all of this.

I don't want to start another thread so just ask it here if you don't mind:

I've made a couple of missions with the latest 1.2.5. version, but the editor simply don't see them. Every other mission I made earlier is present, but those three aren't. However, these three missions can be launched in multiplayer, only the editor seems to be bugges. Anyone encountered such problems? Thanks for any help!

Here are the missions:

25A_gyak.MIZ

25A_gyak_MULTI.MIZ

Nyeva.MIZ

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

Make the .miz lower case instead of upper case. At least for me the actual file extension on the files is .miz while the windows explorer does say the file type is 'MIZ'. Did the sim save it as uppercase?

At least for this context, it should probably be a new thread as it is a separate bug.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this problem where when I create triggers the disappear after clicking away from the trigger pane.

It's a strange issue. They just go.

I was trying to do, once, time more 30,radio transmission

I got the .Wav working once out of a bunch of times of trying but even after that when I went back to the editor the triggers had disappeared.

Make the .miz lower case instead of upper case. At least for me the actual file extension on the files is .miz while the windows explorer does say the file type is 'MIZ'. Did the sim save it as uppercase?

At least for this context, it should probably be a new thread as it is a separate bug.

Grimes,

I am still using 1.2.4 due to 1.2.5 issues, did any of the recent hot fixes address issues with certain triggers not working correctly? Thanks for any info in advance.

All of the major bugs related to triggers that I am aware of have been fixed. Besides its easy enough to toggle back to 1.2.4 if you want to.

I have this problem where when I create triggers the disappear after clicking away from the trigger pane.

It's a strange issue. They just go.

I was trying to do, once, time more 30,radio transmission

I got the .Wav working once out of a bunch of times of trying but even after that when I went back to the editor the triggers had disappeared.

I've found this happens if the trigger isn't completed- it's frustrating as all-get-out to fill in a bunch of conditions and then click away to find something to fill in the action... then go back and have it gone.

I guess that helps prevent unfinished triggers but I wish there was another way.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I'm in the process of making a mission with quite a few triggerrs. Among them group act/dact, part of group etc. Been testing alot and haven't had any problems yet with them. Don't have any planes in it yet though. Using 1.2.5.16508.227. Seems like there is problems with the events though, but dont have to use them yet.

Edited by xracer

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you! This was the problem. Icould not see this in explorer . . . will never use it for DCS :D

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass: