another final choice

Hi all,

here is another poll for 2 rigs...they're around the same price but different architecture. the people who suggested the second one is sure that "old" games like DCS will run smoothly...I believe not, but not being very experienced in pc hardware, I really don't know if it's true or not. I've read that usually the bottleneck in DCS is the CPU...but I'm not really relaxed with a integrated graphic card...

at any rate, here's the contest...please let me know what you think! thank you...

OPTION 1

MB: Asus Z87m-plus (dual channel 4 slots)

CPU: Intel core I5-4670 3.10GHz

Video: GTX760

RAM: 4x kingston 2gb DDR3 1600mhz

PS: Corsair Cp-9020015-eu 750W

HD: Wd green 1tb + Sandisk Sdssdp-128g-g25 or 256gb

OPTION 2

MB: Asus F2A85-V PRO socket FM2 Chipset AMD A85X ATX

CPU: AMD APU A10 6800-K black edition, Quad-core 4.1GHz "unlocked" socket FM2 with integrated graphic card Radeon HD 8670D boxed

RAM: 3x 4gb DDR 1600 kngston

PS: Corsair CX750 ATX 80 plus bronze

HD: WD Green 2Tb SATA 7200rpm + Samsung SSD128gb

Thank you

Don't get the AMD CPU. And don't even bother installing DCS on a computer without a discrete video card. Intel + nvidia works much better for DCS. Also, get the 4670K so you can overclock it. I think you will be much happier with the first option.

Edited by Night

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS

Simply put, go for OPTION 1, with one modification: pick i5-4670K. Even if you do not want to overclock, just pick it. Sooner or later you'll find you do not have enough cpu-power, and then benefits of unlocked K-version CPU might come handy...