My suggestion how to handle News-Threads

Andi31

Hi,

I'm watching many 3rd party projects from "big developers" (Beczl, RAZBMA, VEAO, Belsimtek..) and "single persons" (Gazelle, Bo-105..) and I notice at the news threads of all developers the same structure:

-They've postet a news-thread,

-forums mebers commenting how nice it is and

-maybe 1-5 sites later there comes a new update-post in the same thread

-and then the same again.

If you're watching the thread every day, it's no problem and you see immediatley "ohh, a new update of the 3d-model",

BUT if you're new to the forums or you're just checking back after some weeks/month you have a problem:

If you want to see all new screenshots or updates, you have to check 50 sites of a thread to find some pics, maybe all 5 sites. That's not reasonable.

My suggestion to the developers: Post your news as usual in the thread, then the members can comment it AND:

Pls edit you news into the first post of your news-thread, too!

So people just have to watch the first posts if they want to see the progress on the plane instead of searching through 50+ sites, especially if the have bad internet (like me).

Example: (every color is a new post in the same thread)

-Post 1:-

news1

EDIT 13.07: news 2

EDIT 19.07: news 3

EDIT 24.07: news 4...

-Post 2-10:-members commenting

-Post 11:- news 2

I've been long times in the ArmA-Forums and there's that standard, and I like it. Comparatively the ED-Forums sometimes appear very confused to me :music_whistling:

Edited by Andi31

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

isnt there a character/image limit on a single post?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs