Leap Motion experience

V2 Software Now Available for Everyone

I haven't tried it (mine is buried in the controllers I don't use drawer) but I just got this in my email.

V2 Software Now Available for Everyone

Hi everyone,

At Leap Motion, we’re working to bring people and technology closer together by building a platform beyond the screen, designed for the original human interface – your hands. We’ve just taken another major step in this direction, with our V2 software pushed for free to devices around the globe.

Over the past 14 months, we’ve greatly appreciated our community’s time and feedback as our team overhauled and refined the core software. We’re excited to release a build that comes much closer to our original vision of what the technology can be. If you haven’t already downloaded the new software, go to leapmotion.com/setup to get started.

That being said, we’re still just scratching the surface, with many more exciting developments in the coming months. Our global 3D Jam competition launched on Sunday with over 500 teams ranging from indie startups to AAA developers. While our head-mounted VR tracking beta is just one small waypoint along the road to truly immersive virtual reality, our device already makes it possible to blur the physical and digital worlds in profoundly new ways.

Our goal for the Leap Motion software has always been that it will equal (or even outperform) your eyes in distinguishing hands and fingers from the raw sensor imagery. While we’re not there yet, V2 is a major milestone on our journey, and we’re excited to work together with our developer community to push beyond the boundaries of platforms both old and new.

Thank you,

Michael Buckwald

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

its definitely "Bleeding Edge" at this point. So was TrackIr back in the day

I would say the two are completely different. TrackIR was buggy, but it did what it claimed. Leap is good for large motion based games (tennis, bowling), but *not* for flight sims. Not even close, as of right now. There is no precision and motion detection is terrible. Just not the right type use case for flight sim'ing.

hsb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1