Toebrakes in FC3: My solution.

I wrote an AutoHotkey script to enable wheelbrakes in FC3 using rudder pedals with axis toebrakes, such as my saitek pro flight combats.

1) Download and install AutoHotkey.

2) Paste this into notepad and save it with an ".ahk" extension.

#singleinstance force
#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

; If your system has more than one joystick, edit this value to use a different joystick
joystickNumber = 5

downFlag = 0
upFlag = 0

loop
{
   GetKeyState, joyx, %joystickNumber%JoyX
   GetKeyState, joyy, %joystickNumber%JoyY

if (((joyx > 50) || (joyy > 50)) && downFlag != 1)
   {
       Send, {w Down}
       downFlag = 1
       upFlag = 0
   }

if (((joyx =< 50) && (joyy =< 50)) && upFlag != 1)
   {
       Send, {w Up}
       downFlag = 0
       upFlag = 1
   }
   Sleep, 50
}

return

3) Edit the "joystickNumber" variable to the enumeration of your rudder pedals in the windows game controllers list (start -> run -> "joy.cpl"). On my system this appears as follows:

RS6GXGC.png

4) Make sure that "w" is bound to your wheelbrakes in FC3 on each aircraft.

5) Run the script.

Note that you may have to change the lines featuring "%joystickNumber%JoyX" and "%joystickNumber%JoyY". Depending on how your pedals' drivers map the toe brakes to axes, you may have to change the last "X" and "Y" to two of "Z", "R", "U" or "V".

Edited by tjhowse

Why not just do it in the Saitek profile software? Or are you having problems with it?

Can you show an example? Thanks

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

attached a sample profile for combat pro pedals

I have been wanting toe brakes for the F15 and have the combat pro pedals.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I don't use profile software; Target or Saitek, when I can avoid it because I don't like installing buggy third-party software to do something small and simple that I can do myself and tweak to my heart's content. Also, an autohotkey script has a much lower memory footprint than a bloated profiler.

I don't use profile software; Target or Saitek, when I can avoid it because I don't like installing buggy third-party software to do something small and simple that I can do myself and tweak to my heart's content. Also, an autohotkey script has a much lower memory footprint than a bloated profiler.

Fair'nuff. I dont like Saitek's profiler software as i have personally had problems with it. I use TARGET for FC3 but not the simple gui mode, just the advanced mode as you can do some really cool things with it like have the FC3 aircraft's autopilots behave like the A-10C's does based on switch position and such

FYI I think its an issue with my specific configuration but sometimes even if the profile is loaded it quits working in game on random intervals. Just thought i would put that out there as it appears im the only one experiencing that issue

Yup apparently it does not save. I had to reload the profile.

As for the other method...too much for a novice to entertain...at least this works easily other than the occasional reload of the profile.

So thanks again...at least I now have toe brakes in the F15 when I want it. The hard part to understand is why ED doesn't incorporate it into the controls.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10