Radio Compass Indicator out of alignment

pyromaniac4002

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but I've noticed since the update to 1.2.5 that the Radio Compass Indicator (similar to the HSI in other aircraft) is off by over 100 degrees at startup. I've only seen it in multiplayer with ramp starts, so I don't know if it applies to single player or air starts. In the meantime you can correct for the error by adjusting the knob and that takes care of it as far as I know, but I wanted to make sure this was brought to the attention of the powers that be. Hopefully it will be a thing of the past very soon!

Btw, still love the Huey. :thumbup:

Was just about to query this too. Had the same problem yesterday on a multiplayer mission. Just noticed it again now when in SP it's also out of alignment but adjusts fine. Not sure if this is a bug or a "feature" for those who care to know where they're going. For now I'm going to go with "feature" (the kind I don't like).

• 2 weeks later...

It's a feature, as far as I can see. The Huey manual is referencing the need to adjust the Radio Compass depending on MAG or DG modes, both.

Manual Section 5.1.9 B) Operation

In DG mode you may need to correct again in flight after violent maneuvers... old style flying with analog hardware, no fancy computers :D

Look on the positive side, even riddled with bullet holes it still flies :pilotfly:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)