Aircraft is sinking into tarmac

I'm trying to create a Dummies guide to creating an aircraft Mod while at the same time learning the basics.

I have a very simple 3D model and have added a collision line around it and collision_shells around the wheels. However, I haven't been able to add the bounding_box (exporter doesn't like the bounding_box tag) and when I use it with the Wunderluft example, it shows up as sunk in the ground halfway up the landing gear struts.

I corrected the Wunderluft nose_gear_pos and main_gear_pos for this model, but it didn't seem to have an effect.

Does anyone have an idea of what I've done wrong?

Thanks.

Did you enter the Coordinates correctly?

(Everyone Assumes X,Y,Z, But Coordinates are in the Syntax of Y,Z,X),

(Y (for/aft), Z (up/down), X (left/right))

I've Imported at least 20 Models over the last year for Fun, all of them (but 1) have no Collision Shells on the Gear.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I believe they are correct. I rotated the model so the aircraft nose is pointing along the positive X axis and validated it looks reasonable in the model viewer. I set the gear position as follows:

nose_gear_pos = {  3.2,       -2,     0.1},
main_gear_pos = { -1.2,       -2,     1.3},

This seems to match the original Wunderluft positive/negative values and general range.

Ok, I need to clarify my message a bit after I did some more experimentation.

The plane sinks into the ground when I start from ramp, but seems to behave reasonably (i.e. it will sit at an appropriate height from the ground) when I start from the air and then land.

More experimentation shows that if I raise the model from the model's origin point, it raises it on the tarmac spawn point as well. However, I can see no relation of the model's origin to anything special. The origin is not at the base of the bounding box, it sits between the wheels and the bottom of the fuselage. There's got to be something funky here I don't get.