Building a New System Advice

I am building a computer with these specs. I am building it solely for use with DCS A-10C, FC3, and future DCS titles. I would really like to know if it will be able to run DCS A-10C at all maxed out settings, or mostly maxed out. Let me know what you think :) Any and all advice would be highly appreciated!

CPU: Intel Haswell i5 4670k

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 760 - 2GB OC 1085Mhz Rev 2.0

Motherboard: ASUS Z87-A LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Memory: Corsair 8GB Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz Cas8

SSD: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro

PSU: Corsair TX Series 650W

Case: NZXT Tempest 210 Mid Tower

Edited by Night

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS

• 2 weeks later...

Well I bought the parts and assembled the new computer and it's amazing! I had an issue with A-10C and FC3 telling me that they needed to be activated because of a significant hardware change, but a quick search of the forums fixed that.

The new build runs DCS very smoothly at ALL maxed out settings. The lowest FPS I have seen so far is 42FPS.

The coolest part of all is that I simply took out the SSD from my old system and put it in the new computer and it started right up. Windows 8 automatically detected the new hardware and I had all of my stuff. It just booted right up the first time I turned it on. The only potential issue is that my power supply fan hasn't kicked on, except for one second whenever I turn it on. I think it's just because I got a high capacity PSU that delivers more power than I need right now and it isn't getting hot. But I will keep an eye on it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS

Glad to hear that your rig runs DCS well as I will be upgrading to something similar in a few months. I might go for the GTX 770 but everything else same same.

Yes if your PSU is not delivering much current the fan will not run up till it gets hot.

Enjoy, I will be looking forward to see how this rig goes with EDGE if/when it comes out.

Edited by Rangi
Punk,.:tuation

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.