Sticky for Export/Import Controller Profiles in DCS World

Guys, Is there a sticky thread somewhere on this?

I want to be able to Export my controller profiles from DCS; uninstall everything then reinstall and load in the profiles without corruption.

Can this be done? I'm assuming I just need to backup my Saved Games/DCS/Input dir..

:pilotfly:

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Has anyone done this? I want to save my assigned hotas profiles for each aircraft, so I can uninstall and reinstall 1.2.5 then load the assignments back in without haing to reassign everything again from scratch.

I got a feeling I. Just need to save my saved games/DCS input folder( though it should stay there if I uninstall? ) for when I uninstall/reinstall.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

I'm about to reinstall windows after acquiring some Samsung SSD 256GB drives. Can these files simply be pasted back into the saved games directory after everything is reinstalled?

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

one way to find out I guess..do it..but as whartsell says..make a backup copy.Drop them in after the reinstall and if it works..BONUS. If not then back to square one.

Please let us know how you get on with this.

Regards

Rob

YM002

Compass Virtual Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

The Options>Controls menu includes a Load Profile button and a Save (or something like that) Profile button. You must save the profile for each controller separately (and load them individually as well). You must do this for each controller for each aircraft. In other words you will have a Joystick A-10 profile, and a rudder A-10 profile and so forth.

If you look in the DCS World manual you will find documentation for this.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The Options>Controls menu includes a Load Profile button and a Save (or something like that) Profile button. You must save the profile for each controller separately (and load them individually as well). You must do this for each controller for each aircraft. In other words you will have a Joystick A-10 profile, and a rudder A-10 profile and so forth.

If you look in the DCS World manual you will find documentation for this.

Thanks, got it working in the end.

Simple copy and paste over didn't work straight away. I had to do like you mentioned; for each aircraft; on each controller column I had to load the controller profile; ie Joystick , then throttle, Rudder Pedals, etc etc.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

• 1 year later...

Guys, does anybody knows a way to export the input files to a new Win8.1 installation? I've finished my DCSW installation with all the modules but can't find a way to get my backup inputs to work. Do I have to set everything again???:doh:

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

The standard Export and Import functions on the Options>Controls screen work just fine. I upgraded my sim machine from Win 7 to 8.1 a while ago and I did not do anything out of the ordinary.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The standard Export and Import functions on the Options>Controls screen work just fine. I upgraded my sim machine from Win 7 to 8.1 a while ago and I did not do anything out of the ordinary.

Well, I found the problem, I upgraded my computer with a new I7 and a new MB and now, my HOTAS Warthog stick and CH Products set are been recognized different. Looks like I'll have to set everything again. I'm crying.:cry_2:

Thanks for the help, cichlidfan:thumbup:

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Well, I found the problem, I upgraded my computer with a new I7 and a new MB and now, my HOTAS Warthog stick and CH Products set are been recognized different.

Ahh, yes! Now that makes sense.