What's the best thing you like about the A-10?

What's the best thing you like about the A-10?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best thing you like about the A-10?

you decide.

If a choice is not present, add it.:pilotfly:

• Like 1

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I like how it's AFM and also click able which leads me to realistic it's the most realistic flight without being in the real thing.

CJK

Dell XPS 8500 Modified

700 Watt PSU

Windows 8 Pro MCE

Intel I7 3770 3.8 GHZ TR (stock)

16GB DDR 3 PC12800

Gigabyte 760 OC 2.0GB

2x 2TB HD

It's the Warthog. :smilewink:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Because the beautiful bitch won't die, not when you fire a missile at it, nor when you fire a shrinking defense budget at it.

Its beautiful. Its savage. It functions like a grease monkey, no preening, no hotshot beach volleyball ego.

Best reason I love it is the speed envelope it occupies, and its triple redundant systems. If I fly a sim plane that doesn't have manual reversion I feel naked and vulnerable.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

MAVERICKS!

Also, I like the realism. For example, DCS A-10C is so realistic that when I bomb a hospital for blind orphans in one of the towns, I can faintly hear the screams of the louder ones when they see my bombs leave the pylons. When I land and it goes on the news, we call it "collateral damage". Gotta love the realism.

In all seriousness though, I love how accurate the flight model is. you won't feel any G's from your desk chair but as far as computer flight sims go, DCS A-10C is about as good as it gets.

Edited by Night

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS

Gun is good, quite usefull in DCS.

Fuel consumption? Yeah, its ok, making aerial refuel almost useless in DCS :)

Engine sound is nothing special here...

Pylons? They are OK, but its still SUITE 3 and only few are smart stations while current USAF A-10C SUITE enabling smart station feature on all pylons.

Now the thing i hate:

Simplified SADL, lack of TDL, weak suite 3 so lack of new weapons like LJDAM etc.

DCS A-10C is only for enthertaiment??? Not for me.

JDAM manual is classyfied??? Not for me.

Lies sounds like a truth??? Not for me.

Knowlege is for kids??? Nope, its for me.

Cus its the Hog...:megalol::smartass::drink::drunk:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Guest Izoul123

The gun, followed by the fact that it's like flying a reeeaallllly bad ass Cesna lol. Seriously, I like the slower moving looming death machine it is, and it can take a hell of a lot of battle abuse, makes for great fun in simulation 'pc/sim' environment, and I know the real life pilots must have 1/2 semi when flying it. I love her so much...I wish I could have one...damn money and government restrictions.

My order of favorites per category:

CAS: A10C

Heli/Attack: AH-64E (PLEASE can we get 2 man multiplayer version for DCS?)

CAP: F15C

Recon: SR71 (Again, I just want a DCS version...love this plane so much even though obsolete.)

Prop Era: P51...nuff said.

Combat Support/loiter: AC-130 Spooky Specter Gunship, and some good men on call to help man the guns.

Fictional: Airwolf. I want a DCS 6DOF 2-man Airwolf.

If I could personally own one of each of the above in real life, I'd die the happiest man on planet Earth. I'm sure I'm not alone lol.

Edited by Izoul123

Call me a geek, but I like the startup sequence....

that's a given for all DCS fans :D

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I love the maneuvrability, loiter time, the gun, survivability.

What's also great is the design and the way all the systems work, all the backups.

I really enjoy the safe escape moves after an attack(like jinxing, dumping flares) and reattacking.

Best thing I like about the A-10?

All the A-10c and the way it is so accurately modeled in DCS World.

I take pleasure just by flying it, just for a nav, or just for fun between mountains, AAR,...

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

If were talking about the actual A-10 it the finger of god strapped under its chin.

If were talking about the game, its how it engages you. I must have printed everthing printable on the Wiki, and adapted the Kylania Hotas Keyboard map to include my thrustmaster x and x box controller, and now after all that fun its time to destroy things. To go from "flicking switches and mashing buttons" on to dropping JDAMs in sequence using markpoints, is just pure joy.

And know for me its trying to edit a skin so the plane has my name and fuselage artwork, gonna be tough.